Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone. I am new here. My name is Roxanne. I live in the us...louisiana. I an non denominational but at same time not an atheist either. I fully believe in God but based off the bible only. the bible is very misunderstood by most. I came here hoping to maybe see why people are atheist. I hope that I can help people see the truth about God. I disapprove of christians and others telling people they are gonna go to hell. it just is not so. It is completlely unscriptural. Now I am not gonna force any belief upon anyone here but if anyone has questions they woud like to ask me, I will do my best to answer them correctly with biblical proof and explanation if its a question I can answer. I will do my best. And if I dont have the asnwer I will find the answer for you but not without biblical proof. If anyone would like to talk through my email that is better since this site is new its hard for me to figure out to how get around in here. not to mention I dont know how much space is allowed to post here and some explanations might be rather long.
RE: new member
Ok Khere, nice to meet you. Welcome to the fourms.

Not really sure I should ask questions here in your introduction, or if we should have a seperate thread for that?

EvF
Hello evidencevsfaith, Nice to meet you as well. I understand what your saying. I just hate all the false teachings that christians teach. Alot of it is unbiblical. Its that they do not understand the bible verses correctly. I have to go for now to take my daughter somewhere since they wrecked their car and im now taxi cab lol. but i will check back later. You all have a nice day and be safe.
(August 13, 2009 at 2:42 pm)kittenshere Wrote: Hello everyone. I am new here. My name is Roxanne. I live in the us...louisiana. I an non denominational but at same time not an atheist either. I fully believe in God but based off the bible only. the bible is very misunderstood by most. I came here hoping to maybe see why people are atheist. I hope that I can help people see the truth about God. I disapprove of christians and others telling people they are gonna go to hell. it just is not so. It is completlely unscriptural. Now I am not gonna force any belief upon anyone here but if anyone has questions they woud like to ask me, I will do my best to answer them correctly with biblical proof and explanation if its a question I can answer. I will do my best. And if I dont have the asnwer I will find the answer for you but not without biblical proof. If anyone would like to talk through my email that is better since this site is new its hard for me to figure out to how get around in here. not to mention I dont know how much space is allowed to post here and some explanations might be rather long.

Why atheist you ask. Easy, I don't believe in Gods. Good luck here though, I think you'll need it.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
And I will just say that don't believe in God because of the lack of evidence. I'm not going to believe 'on faith'. I side with evidence, not faith.

EvF
Welcome kitten,

I am new here myself and I hope you find this forum as cool as I do,

There's plenty of room for you to write your answers, from what I've seen you could write a full thesis, maybe even a book, so I do not think you need worry about that. Plus this site is very user friendly, not complex at all.

The folks here are friendly, involved, and truly passionate about their Atheism and Theism. So you have some great debates to look forward to.
See you on the vine
Peace In
Omjag86
Thinking
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Frisbeetarianism; The belief that when you die your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck...
George Carlin
ROFLOL
To quote Clarence Darrow, "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose".

There is no reason to believe that gods exist, and no evidence that even points to them existing. They also have attributes which make them ultimately unknowable, and believing in unknowable things that have no evidence is backwards.
Welcome kittenshere. Is that the lolcats bible you speak of? I love that version.

Testable and reliable evidence, that satisfies the rigourous standards of the scientific method?
(August 13, 2009 at 2:42 pm)kittenshere Wrote: I an non denominational but at same time not an atheist either. I fully believe in God but based off the bible only. the bible is very misunderstood by most.

That makes you a Christian i.e. a theist so why you said that first sentence is pretty much beyond me!

(August 13, 2009 at 2:42 pm)kittenshere Wrote: I came here hoping to maybe see why people are atheist. I hope that I can help people see the truth about God.

Yawn! What truth would that be then [VOICE DRIPPING WITH SARCASM]?

Bored with the rest of your post, seen it before, been there, done that ... in fact been there so many times I bought property!

I'd say you were welcome but I would be lying!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Welcome to the forums,

Any question we/they have, has been posted somewhere on the forum so just participate like we all do. There is no need for you to have your own Q&A thread; you are not a special snowflake! New subjects are always fun though. Smile

About hell... Yes it is hard to use "biblical proof" to support the idea that hell exists. I used hell as a topic in a bible study I ran, once upon my theistic existence.

Just so you know, many of us were theists at one time and know as much, if not more, than you do about the bible. Rumor has it there are some fallen preachers amoung us. Shhh don't tell god!

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Photos Tiberius 20272 4368040 March 9, 2024 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New member Jillybean 19 459 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 858 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 641 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1330 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1154 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2000 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2573 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one
  New Member freakygin 17 1521 May 30, 2021 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Old TTA Member here. bemore 18 2477 August 9, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: bemore