Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:47 am

Poll: Should the newspaper that published a map with names and addresses of legal gun permit holders have a good dose of its own medicine
This poll is closed.
Yes
14.29%
3 14.29%
Not Sure
9.52%
2 9.52%
No
76.19%
16 76.19%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander?
What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander?
When a newspaper takes it upon itself to publish a map with the names and addresses of private citizens who legally own guns and have gun permits, what did you expect was going to happen next?.....
Quote:Blogger Retaliates Against Paper That Published Gun Owner Addresses by Creating Interactive Map of Its Employees

Should the staff of this newspaper have a good dose of its own medicine?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blogger-...employees/
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander?
So the way to protest a stupid act is to perform an equally stupid act.

Good-o......
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Nah, a bad decision plus a bad decision doesn't equal a good decision. They just can't go playing the victim hear when they get harassed. What did you expect?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Ad Hominem Tu Quoque is a logical fallacy and not a good basis for a functional civilization.

A better response is to work within the legal system and sue the newspaper for its alleged wrongdoing. That's why we have laws in the first place.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 28, 2012 at 9:56 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Ad Hominem Tu Quoque is a logical fallacy and not a good basis for a functional civilization.

A better response is to work within the legal system and sue the newspaper for its alleged wrongdoing. That's why we have laws in the first place.
Yes, that would be the best option, but unfortunately the newspaper can't be sued because it was public information....and I don't believe the newspaper could legally be held liable if someone actually did get hurt or killed because of their publishing those names and addresses.....this is an instance where the laws fail to protect the privacy of its citizens.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
We can't forget that it's highly unlikely that all employees of the newspaper were behind the original map. By publishing the locations of all employees, you're not just getting back at the people who did this...you're punishing a load of innocent people as well.
The punishment will be that the readers quit reading the paper.
(December 28, 2012 at 11:56 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: The punishment will be that the readers quit reading the paper.
Agreed. Free market problem, free market solution.
I'd much rather have a reporter living next to me than a gun nut.