Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Jesus return on a white horse?
Will Jesus return on a white horse?
As I understand it the Book of Revelations has Jesus returning on a white horse. Maybe what that really means is that he will return in a white Ferrari -- with a lot of horse power!

I guess that there is no reason why the second coming of Jesus would be somebody other than the original Jesus. I'm sure that he looks exactly the same as he did since Biblical times -- since he is God! He doesn't have to have aged. Remember he rose from the dead and went off to heaven as a living man. I don't know why people think that he will come as another person. That just doesn't make sense!Thinking Maybe their faith is weak and they think that the original Jesus died and he will have to be born again?

But the real question is why is Jesus waiting to come again?

I wish he would come and do something about the Middle Eastern conflict! That sure has been a big waste of money and a lot of people have died because of it. But I guess that God is beyond our comprehension and we just have to trust the Bible and the Republicans. It is too bad that we have to kill men, women, and little children because their religious beliefs are different than our own. But religion is the source of goodness and goodness must be maintained by committing horrific atrocities!
RE: Will Jesus return on a white horse?
Quote:I wish he would come and do something about the Middle Eastern conflict!

Quiet, you!

Don't you know it is Sunday and "jesus" has football games to watch over?
(December 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm)RichardP Wrote: As I understand it the Book of Revelations has Jesus returning on a white horse. Maybe what that really means is that he will return in a white Ferrari -- with a lot of horse power!
The mormons saw the full fillment of Joseph Smith's version of this prophesy in Mitt Romney's bid for the white house... In the end it is a prophesy and is subject to interpertation.

Quote:I guess that there is no reason why the second coming of Jesus would be somebody other than the original Jesus. I'm sure that he looks exactly the same as he did since Biblical times -- since he is God! He doesn't have to have aged. Remember he rose from the dead and went off to heaven as a living man. I don't know why people think that he will come as another person. That just doesn't make sense!Thinking Maybe their faith is weak and they think that the original Jesus died and he will have to be born again?
who or what are you speaking of?

Quote:But the real question is why is Jesus waiting to come again?
to save all of the comming generations looking to be saved.

Quote:I wish he would come and do something about the Middle Eastern conflict!
like what?
What can be done that will not destroy the 'free will' of one people or another?
In the past His fix was to destroy entire races of people who opposed Him and his people in that region. is this what you want?
Is this your prayer?

Quote:That sure has been a big waste of money and a lot of people have died because of it. But I guess that God is beyond our comprehension and we just have to trust the Bible and the Republicans. It is too bad that we have to kill men, women, and little children because their religious beliefs are different than our own. But religion is the source of goodness and goodness must be maintained by committing horrific atrocities!
So you would have God kill on our behalf for free? or just change the will of all who oppose a benficial western sense of peace?
Quote:to save all of the comming generations looking to be saved.

He seems to have done a fairly shitty job of it the first time. Why do think he'll be better in Act II?
"WIll jesus return on a white horse?"

No.

Call it a hunch.
I want Jesus to fly out of the sun on a dragon made of diamonds. Man! I so should have been hired to write the bible.
(December 30, 2012 at 6:37 pm)Drich Wrote: What can be done that will not destroy the 'free will' of one people or another?
In the past His fix was to destroy entire races of people who opposed Him and his people in that region.

Clearly this god had no qualms about destroying people's free will in the stories, then. At what point did it evolve this concern?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hmm....you know it is an interesting question. I can't recall any spot in the Babble where jesus rides a horse. A donkey maybe but a horse?

Takes some practice to learn to ride a horse. How would it look for the king of kings to fall off and break his fucking neck?
(December 30, 2012 at 10:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How would it look for the king of kings to fall off and break his fucking neck?

Hilarious.
Cunt
Well, there was that bit about JC riding on a donkey and an ass at the same time. Maybe he had the one stacked on top of the other and rode on top. Presumably while juggling flaming torches and spinning hoops on his feet.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus The Horse Thief Fake Messiah 17 1707 December 1, 2021 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Return to ShipBuilder ShipBuilder 36 2698 October 5, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Relic to return to Bethlehem in time for Christmas zebo-the-fat 18 2159 December 8, 2019 at 7:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15000 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When will Jesus return? Jehanne 28 2603 September 6, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Just how pervasive is white supremacy among Christians? Whateverist 36 4045 August 20, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11098 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dafuq ? Jesus ain't WHITE ? vorlon13 30 6027 December 14, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Heat
  Did your church use pictures of a white european jesus? Brakeman 46 7994 February 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7209 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist