Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man is the Head of the House
Man is the Head of the House
I have been asked this question on various occasions and I want to make one thing clear. While Man and Women are both the children of God, and the Man has been commanded by God to be the head of the house, this headship is not about having the upper hand nor is it to mean that a woman has no rights or is a second-class citizen.
Ephesians 5:25–27 makes this very clear.

That being said, we males, have to take the leadership attitude and a hard-stance if the situation requires, as commanded by our Lord God in 1 Corinthians 11:8–10, Genesis 3:16 and 1 Corinthians 11:3.

Remember, Women are not second-class citizens while at the same time, man must exercise their headship role to bring about order in the family, community and the world in general.
RE: Man is the Head of the House
You aren't married, are you?
Popcorn

Well this will get interesting

Go post this on Atheism+ imo, see what they think.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
And the Führer is the head of the state!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we Germans, you must understand and accept, have undenyable and unquestionable right........

..............to be the supreme rulers of Europe!!!!!!!!!

Tongue
(January 20, 2013 at 10:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You aren't married, are you?

He could be. There are plenty of women stupid enough to put the chains on themselves and go along with this.
Yeah, women aren't second class by those standards. Their opinions matter less. THAT'S ALL. Fuck voting, I should have stayed home.
Seriously?

Any man I'm in a relationship with who thinks that gives him authority to dominte me, yeah, that man is gonna wind up with a bloody stump where he used to have genitals.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
God sure is obsessed with dicks.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
My closest friend lives alone - well, not counting Bella the cat - and is doing perfectly fine. How does this "Man is the Head of the House" thing work again? She'll enjoy the laugh.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 20, 2013 at 10:46 pm)Stimbo Wrote: My closest friend lives alone - well, not counting Bella the cat - and is doing perfectly fine. How does this "Man is the Head of the House" thing work again? She'll enjoy the laugh.

Depends on whether the cat is male or not.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying house of Loreto Fake Messiah 2 670 April 6, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9489 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Flood destroys Tony Perkins' house drfuzzy 14 2084 August 18, 2016 at 10:03 am
Last Post: brewer
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6062 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheist house rules? TubbyTubby 25 5616 July 2, 2015 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Joods
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6769 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  So I'm sitting here at my parents' house... SteelCurtain 21 4952 June 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Atheists rudely snubbed by Christian head of soup kitchen. Didn't matter. Ryantology 12 6936 November 4, 2013 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Is God the head of the Captain Coward club? Greatest I am 2 1399 March 14, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9477 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am