Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer 40,000
Mm-k, I'm a Warhammer 40k fanboy...not quite a neckbeard, but I do have a fascination with its universe, I do own a few minis, and I absolutely love the aesthetics of it. The stories can be fantastic [stuff by Ben Counter and Sandy Mitchell so far are my favorites; the Grey Knights Omnibus and the Cain books are just awesome] or terrible [C.S. "This pleases me" Goto or Matt "Spiritual Liege" Ward for example], though the good outweighs the bad quite consistently.

Anybody else interested in 40k at all? Games, stories, minis? All of the above, none of 'em?

Also, cruel and morally bankrupt the Imperium may be...they still know how to look badass as fuck:

[Image: Macharius_Charge.png]
RE: Warhammer 40,000
At school a couple of friends were really into it. I played a couple of times and ended up with the phrase "Whats scarier than two necrons in a building? Two necrons in a FLYING BUILDING!"

I liked the Dawn of War games on PC tho.
Warhammer was my volleyball nickname.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I played 40K for a few years... I played Orkz and Black Templars.
Cunt
My brother is obsessed with 40K. He loves playing Space Marines, but he's Chaos more often than not. He also has many books. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I liked Dawn of War initially, though each expansion pack kind of ruined it more and more. Ended up becoming lunacy where if you weren't eldar, you were dead in multiplayer, no exceptions. Personally I loved playing Imperial Guard. Tanks, tanks, MOAR TANKS PLZ SPAM ALL THE TANKS!!
My favorite race is the Tau.

We bought Assault on Blackreach for our son at Christmas. We haven't begun painting the miniatures yet. I also have a squad of Tau Firewarriors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warhammer 40K Discussion thread Ashendant 2 1287 December 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Ubermensch