Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confession time
Confession time
I have a little confession here. I don't watch Dr. Who.

I know, I must be in the minority. I tried watching a couple of episodes and couldn't really get into it. I feel like I must be missing something because everyone else seems to love that show.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Confession time
.... Well... You would think there were a rule or something against not watching but I can't seem to find one... Maybe even a law..

The kudo's is for your bravery.
Yeah, I don't watch it either.

Personally I think it's shit. I generally think most things with time travel in them are shit. Mainly because the concept of time travel is shit.
(January 26, 2013 at 10:07 am)Napoléon Wrote: Personally I think it's shit. I generally think most things with time travel in them are shit. Mainly because the concept of time travel is shit.

I'm assuming there is something wrong with you. Back to the future was incredible. Dr Who is amazing and Terminator was awesome.

Time travel makes for awesome entertainment. From time to time you may have to turn a blind eye like in looper where the whole thing ended up being non-sense. But entertaining non the less.
OK, back to the future was good, but that was pretty much a comedy. Terminator is only good because of Arnie.
(January 26, 2013 at 10:25 am)Napoléon Wrote: OK, back to the future was good, but that was pretty much a comedy. Terminator is only good because of Arnie.

Dr Who is comedy. There's always something happening to make me grin or laugh.
I have to admit, the episode I tried to watch looked really old; like it was made in the 70's. I've seen bits an pieces since then and have to imgine it must have gotten better since then or people never would have bothered watching it.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(January 26, 2013 at 10:41 am)TaraJo Wrote: I have to admit, the episode I tried to watch looked really old; like it was made in the 70's. I've seen bits an pieces since then and have to imgine it must have gotten better since then or people never would have bothered watching it.

I used to watch those as a kid. I enjoy the new episodes more. Daleks not being beat by stairs and all that.
What is Dr. Who?
(January 26, 2013 at 11:51 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: What is Dr. Who?

A BBC Sci-fi series about a time traveling alien with a British accent that travels through space and time in a blue police box called the TARDIS.

[Image: Children-in-Need.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confession, repentance for questioning Islamic law Malay Apostate 1 1843 July 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My Confession - Magnus Betnér leo-rcc 1 1395 June 13, 2009 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Samson