Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 1:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck yeah!
Fuck yeah!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18630622

Quote:US Army scientists are developing a weapon which can fire a laser-guided lightning bolt at a target.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Fuck yeah!
I can just hear the NRA insisting that the fucking founding fathers meant for them to have one, too.
(January 30, 2013 at 1:48 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18630622

Quote:US Army scientists are developing a weapon which can fire a laser-guided lightning bolt at a target.

Great another weapon the USA does not need for already clusterfuck of an arsenal. Serious if the USA use that money on health care or education the USA would the greatest nation on earth instead of the ex greatest nation and almost a 3rd world country with 1st world tech. The USA does not need this weapon until it needs something to use in space. Fund NASA or its underfunded underwater exploration agency (I don't know what's it is called), not this piece of crap it does not need.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
What a shocking waste of money.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(January 30, 2013 at 9:29 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: What a shocking waste of money.
My point in short lol
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(January 30, 2013 at 4:21 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: Great another weapon the USA does not need for already clusterfuck of an arsenal. Serious if the USA use that money on health care or education the USA would the greatest nation on earth instead of the ex greatest nation and almost a 3rd world country with 1st world tech. The USA does not need this weapon until it needs something to use in space. Fund NASA or its underfunded underwater exploration agency (I don't know what's it is called), not this piece of crap it does not need.

I am fascinated with the technology, but fully agree with your 'needs' assessment. Consider that the U.S. Army chose to inform us of the achievement. Can we really imagine what else the military is spending money on in lieu of more pressing concerns?
Fuck yeah!
Isn't this required for the Godzilla scenario? JD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck Ken Ham and the Rest of The Creatards Minimalist 7 1586 April 18, 2017 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Yeah - Figures Minimalist 9 1203 January 1, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace