Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"conservative" american facebook copy.
"conservative" american facebook copy.
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top...ative.html

They really don't like when people disagree with them do they.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: "conservative" american facebook copy.
Quote:“It’s a new home for conservatives and the Tea Party movement in America,” said co-founder Ken Crow. “It’s a social community just for them.”

Wasn't that the original recruiting slogan of the KKK?
Creating a "parallel sociaty" is the term we use for such actions here.

It`s used when a certain part of sociaty (political, religious, ...) disagrees with the rest and forms it`s own excluded ereas of comfort to live outside and shielded from potential critizism.
Is it just me, or when you see them doing things like this do you just think to yourselves that they're just going deeper into their own echo chamber? And had they paid attention to how that echo chamber killed them in this last election, shouldn't they have some kind of incentive to get the fuck out of it?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Hold up now. According to that story their grievances with Facebook include censorship of posts and bannings for things like posting about being pro 2nd amendment.

Now, if that's happening, then it's not so much that they are setting up a parallel outside society where it's an area of comfort, with shielding from critisism. They would be forming their own version of what already exists, but this time for them, an area where THEY can speak freely.

It's a fox news radio story, so no-one here is going to believe what's being said by the newscaster or those interviewed, but from what they are saying they aren't forming a group in order to get away from critisism or exposure to non republican ideas, though that may well be an effect.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
I've seen a lot of people speak up for he second amendment by making death threats towards the president and threatening armed revolution against the government. Sometimes how you convey your message is more important than the message itself.

I also know there's a trick people will pull to get facebook posts they don't like removed: get you and a small army of friends to flag the offending post. Mass flaggings will get facebook to take down even the most innocent of posts. I know I've seen conservatives do that to liberal/progressive facebook pages, so I wouldn't be surprised of progressives are doing the same to right wing facebook pages, especially the more inflamitory ones.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Oh, dear. They will get trolled so hard they might bleed a little.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISIS = American army WinterHold 116 8177 May 31, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  The next site to supposedly replace Facebook Foxaèr 3 400 September 23, 2018 at 9:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  Top 20 American Mechs Mechaghostman2 0 462 May 19, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  American Gods Ravenshire 6 816 May 2, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  American Horror Story S06 Foxaèr 20 1819 October 8, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Anonymous - American Revolution: You Are Not Alone Heat 4 953 April 18, 2016 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Heat
  Facebook page full of useful memes popeyespappy 3 1038 November 18, 2015 at 5:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  This story is being shared on Facebook, et al Easy Guns 27 4797 November 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  American Country Music Awards JuliaL 5 1907 April 19, 2015 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  American Beaver Minimalist 1 689 February 2, 2015 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Surgenator