Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want me a printed moon house.
I want me a printed moon house.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21293258

Quote:Architects Fosters and Partners have revealed designs for a building on the Moon that could be constructed from material already on its surface.

An inflatable structure would be transported from Earth, then covered with a shell built by 3D printers.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: I want me a printed moon house.
Would make going down the shops to buy some milk a bit more difficult. Unless we send cows to the moon. MOON-COWS!
(February 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Would make going down the shops to buy some milk a bit more difficult. Unless we send cows to the moon. MOON-COWS!

Hello.... you've got a 3D printer - fire it up and print some cows!
(February 1, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Hello.... you've got a 3D printer - fire it up and print some cows!

Could just skip that bit and 3D print tesco's. Then you can just go in and buy a couple pints of milk and some chocolate cookies.
(February 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(February 1, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Hello.... you've got a 3D printer - fire it up and print some cows!

Could just skip that bit and 3D print tesco's. Then you can just go in and buy a couple pints of milk and some chocolate cookies.

Now you're thinking.
hmmmm 3D print DNA... Create life.... become half-god (the other half would require immortality)
Can a 3d printer print a 3d printer?

Print a copy of your younger self every so often?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(February 1, 2013 at 9:59 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: Can a 3d printer print a 3d printer?

Print a copy of your younger self every so often?

If you could tinker with the design I'd take a little off the middle.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Would make going down the shops to buy some milk a bit more difficult. Unless we send cows to the moon. MOON-COWS!

It might take a while to iron out all the bugs:

[Image: Almost+Jumped+Over+the+Moon.jpg]

[Image: jcon444l.jpg]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russian lunar lander added to the number of known craters on the moon. Anomalocaris 17 977 August 21, 2023 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moon is part of Mars Anomalocaris 79 6648 June 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Science Channel, Jupiter, and it's moon Io. Brian37 6 1296 July 9, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  SpaceX moon trip 2018 Alex K 25 3740 March 4, 2017 at 10:16 pm
  Moon Landing conspiracy lifesagift 117 15509 December 31, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  This is the terrifying legacy house Republicans are leaving us with orogenicman 15 2818 November 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Moon Landing: Fake or Real? BlackSwordsman 293 40881 August 21, 2014 at 12:32 pm
  moon landing hoax? xxxtobymac 65 12795 November 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Full Sun - Half Moon? Jiggerj 30 7053 October 27, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Do you want to live in a world where everything can explained? L.A.F. 36 8412 June 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce