Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite philosopher?
favorite philosopher?
who is your favorite philosopher and why? (favorite one so far if your like me and can`t make up his damn mind)
RE: favorite philosopher?
The ones who reiterated Kant's work because Kant doesn't make much sense.

Oh, and I guess at the moment, my favourite "thinker" (if I had to actually choose one) would be Thomas Paine. I don't think he was considered a proper philosopher, but he had a brilliant mind in my opinion.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(February 6, 2013 at 12:54 am)FallentoReason Wrote: The ones who reiterated Kant's work because Kant doesn't make much sense.

Oh, and I guess at the moment, my favourite "thinker" (if I had to actually choose one) would be Thomas Paine. I don't think he was considered a proper philosopher, but he had a brilliant mind in my opinion.

dude thomas paine was fucking awesome! my favorite fore father and yeah he was a philosopher he used a lot of john locke
(February 6, 2013 at 1:09 am)justin Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 12:54 am)FallentoReason Wrote: The ones who reiterated Kant's work because Kant doesn't make much sense.

dude thomas paine was fucking awesome! my favorite fore father and yeah he was a philosopher he used a lot of john locke

John Locke... that rings a bell. Looks like I've got new material to read now, thanks!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(February 6, 2013 at 1:16 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 1:09 am)justin Wrote: dude thomas paine was fucking awesome! my favorite fore father and yeah he was a philosopher he used a lot of john locke

John Locke... that rings a bell. Looks like I've got new material to read now, thanks!

no problem man good reading. oh and actually go to youtube there are these videos called 3 min philosophy check it out. he has one for locke.
George Carlin.
The Dude.
(February 6, 2013 at 1:29 am)Minimalist Wrote: George Carlin.

why? just the genius common sense humor, that`s one of my reason he`s a favorite comedian of mine .

(February 6, 2013 at 1:31 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The Dude.
go home dreaming, you`re drunk
and you already confess of doing stupid things so don`t add beer into the equation unless that was originally a variable in the equation. lol

(February 6, 2013 at 1:31 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The Dude.
go home dreaming, you`re drunk
and you already confess of doing stupid things so don`t add beer into the equation unless that was originally a variable in the equation. lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Popper

[Image: open-society-and-its-enemies.jpg]
Quote: Minimalist Wrote: George Carlin.

why? just the genius common sense humor, that`s one of my reason he`s a favorite comedian of mine .

He was a stand-up philosopher....one of the few who made money at it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Kind of Philosopher are You?" Online Quiz chimp3 47 11000 June 6, 2017 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Bunburryist
  Philosopher under the bed. CapnAwesome 14 3023 August 3, 2016 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  "Touching a Nerve: The Self as Brain" by philosopher Patricia Churchland Whateverist 12 5198 June 29, 2013 at 12:43 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Some quotes, belonging to a philosopher Zenith 3 2587 May 23, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Zenith
  What philosopher do you most identify with? The Skeptic 28 11747 January 11, 2011 at 8:03 am
Last Post: muhtesem insan