Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Digital Roadrunner Cartoon
New Digital Roadrunner Cartoon
http://www.wimp.com/looneytoons

Looks great in Full Screen.
RE: New Digital Roadrunner Cartoon
Well, it isn't quite the Roadrunner I grew up with but it does stay reasonably true to the original. The sound effects are perfect.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
I was in hysterics the entire way through... man, I have missed the Looney Tunes.
Cunt
Quote: I have missed the Looney Tunes.

Join the Republican party.
Usually I avoid this sort of thing as a bastardisation of a classic but that was brilliant! I've always loved the Road Runner/Wile E. double act anyway, and this is how I would imagine they would have been done if today's CG technology was around back then. The direction is spot on. I've got to post this on Facebook!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Needs more absurd Acme products.

I loved Road Runner when I was a kid - I suppose I still do - and while I appreciate the technology makeover, RR was always about absurd gags, and the CGI distracts a bit from that.

Still - well done.
While I have to admit that the cartoon is hilarious, and the effects are impressive. I always believe that what makes a cartoon great is when it is sketched by hand, when the facial expressions are actually better and the drawings in motion look a little rough around the edges. Great video but these kind of things will never beat the original cartoon drawings.
Love it!
(February 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm)HorribleOffensiveScouser91 Wrote: While I have to admit that the cartoon is hilarious, and the effects are impressive. I always believe that what makes a cartoon great is when it is sketched by hand, when the facial expressions are actually better and the drawings in motion look a little rough around the edges. Great video but these kind of things will never beat the original cartoon drawings.

[Image: tumblr_lje818UioN1qhriy9o1_500.jpg]

Don't be a snob. It was fantastic, Min Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Couple of questions, though. What happened to the Road Runner's tongue? Didn't it used to be blue?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite old Cartoon Network show? ƵenKlassen 1 411 November 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Alexmahone
  Dark Cartoon Shorts Shell B 17 1491 October 31, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Cartoon: Pro-life, Boko Haram style Minimalist 1 765 June 4, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Probably the most discusting cartoon music video ever Ashes1995 8 2613 January 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995