Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two people reproduced 7 billion people.
Two people reproduced 7 billion people.
Just a question to christians how is this logical again? Whats your argument?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

RE: Two people reproduced 7 billion people.
They didn't just give birth to everybody on Earth today. It's called reproduction. I believe you've heard of it? Two gives birth, their children give birth, their children's children give birth, their children's children's children gave birth, etc. etc. Years and years.

How is this a fallacy? I understand some atheists' points, but this one is ridiculous.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Hey, any healthy male knows he has it in his balls as long as he waits long enough.

(February 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: It's called reproduction. I believe you've heard of it? Two gives birth, their children give birth, their children's children give birth, their children's children's children gave birth, etc. etc. Years and years.

It's called inbred.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: They didn't just give birth to everybody on Earth today. It's called reproduction. I believe you've heard of it? Two gives birth, their children give birth, their children's children give birth, their children's children's children gave birth, etc. etc. Years and years.

Big ol incestuous orgy.
Sibling fucking - sounds like a good time.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: They didn't just give birth to everybody on Earth today. It's called reproduction. I believe you've heard of it? Two gives birth, their children give birth, their children's children give birth, their children's children's children gave birth, etc. etc. Years and years.

How is this a fallacy? I understand some atheists' points, but this one is ridiculous.

The fallacy is that it would not be possible for two people to repopulate the earth with 7 billion people in the short amount of time since the whole flood thing. (wait, didn't Noah have a total of 8 people on board?) Even if they were fucking like bunnies, it just isn't possible.

I have heard young earth creationists say that the number of people on earth right now fits the calculation for an Earth that is 6000-10000 years old. The problem with those calculations is that everyone would have to still be alive...

By the way, did you know that a rabbit can get pregnant while it is still pregnant? True story.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein

I agree with you and I don't support the Genesis story one tiny bit. While only two people bringing about all of earth's humans is a serious stretch for me (story wise) - two people having a few kids and those kids having kids and those kids having even more kids and so on..... pretty much happens all the time. Peek at China or India (any/all religion aside).

Not sure I've ever heard someone claim that the biblical Genesis story claims ownership to all humans on earth today (?) Does this debate come up Confused Fall I've never heard it put quite this way before.

The implied issue is genetics and inbreeding. Most Christians argue that Adam and Eve had perfect genetics, and thus there wouldn't have been harmful mutations.

Atheists typically ask for proof of this claim, or for proof that either person actually existed. There never is any, but the religious answer is always "faith."

End result; nothing changes. Religious are still religious, atheists are still atheists.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

so the children screwed, their mother or what. And it's not ridiculous you still can't give me a proper answer Confusedhock:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

(February 12, 2013 at 6:10 pm)WitchSabrina Wrote: Not sure I've ever heard someone claim that the biblical Genesis story claims ownership to all humans on earth today (?) Does this debate come up Confused Fall I've never heard it put quite this way before.

According to the genesis story, god made adam and eve and they populated the world. That seems like a pretty clear-cut claim of ownership of the world population.

However, you have to remember that god wiped everyone out during the flood so he had to start all over again, only this time with eight people, including 600+ year old moses.

My question is, who would want to sleep with a 600 year old man?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Two-Source Hypthothesis LinuxGal 2 324 September 4, 2023 at 9:11 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One KerimF 86 4202 June 17, 2023 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 608 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 566 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Two wrongs make a right Graufreud 19 1718 July 21, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4479 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13611 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1472 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Discounting God in two words. Foxaèr 41 5136 April 2, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: athrock
  Two possibilities... ApeNotKillApe 103 23546 October 2, 2015 at 10:40 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe