Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aujourd'hui, maman est morte.
Aujourd'hui, maman est morte.
It took a while before I made up my mind as to whether or not to tell you this, but my mother died yesterday. Of course, if you can read French or just knew enough about Camus, you probably guessed that already. She died in her sleep. My dad and I aren't really sure about what the cause of death was; it doesn't seem to be just one illness so much the culmination of several illnesses (ranging from the flu to fibromyalgia to just plain repeated accidental overdose on high blood pressure meds.) The death was sudden. I didn't have the best relationship with my mother; especially near the end, we just couldn't relate to each other and, as it turns out, she had some severe personality disorders (histrionic and narcissistic) for decades.

She didn't have any plans for this eventuality, so me and Dad have to do it. We're having her cremated (she'd probably be more afraid of being worm chow than being ashes in an urn), but we're not sure what to do with the ashes; we're torn between scattering the ashes on her parents' grave and in Door County and turning them into some sort of decorative art (we're not sure of the exact design).

If you're in the Chicagoland area this Saturday morning and feel up to going to a (Lutheran, fairly liberal FWIW) church, PM me and I'd tell you the location and time of her upcoming funeral.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Aujourd'hui, maman est morte.
Sincerest condolences, Rev. That is never easy.

Sorry Rye. I hope you are doing okay with it, all things considering.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
So very sorry to hear that, Rev. I can appreciate and respect the courage it took to tell us something so personal.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
My sincere condolences Rev.Rye.

You OK?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Je suis trés désolé.

*hugs Rev. Rye*
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

My condolences Rev. A mum is always a mum Sad
(February 15, 2013 at 2:52 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: My sincere condolences Rev.Rye.

You OK?

Me and Dad are doing okay, all things considered.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.