Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cave of Forgotten Dreams
I debated where to put this, and decided it belonged in art because....well...that's what it is.

I've wanted to watch this documentary since it came out a couple years ago, and now that we have a netflix account I found it.

I don't even know how to verbalize how powerful the imagery is in this movie, at least for me. We see pictures of cave paintings, but I had never seen them lit with moving shadows, as if by torches, so that you saw the movement and fluidity inherent in the paintings masterfully executed in what would have been in some places crushing darkness relieved by torch or possibly crude lamps. And all of it set against the impossible beauty of caverns in the earth's belly.

So basically, I'm telling you that you should watch this.

[Image: cave-_-animalscave2.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: The Cave of Forgotten Dreams
I was forced to take art history as a requirement of my major, so I learned about cave paintings and such. This is amongst the oldest forms of human art. I find it to be very moving stuff. Smile Super cool link. TAKE MY KUDOS.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
This is one of the most dynamic recordings of what we have found out about ancient man. They're moving along to artifacts - even flutes and sculptures. 32000 years. Fucking amazing.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Favorite scene in the entire film: where a painting is shown over which another paining was painted. Then it is revealed that the two painings were made 4000 years appart.

Every single Herzog film bindes one to the screen and one cannot help but watch it to the end.
(February 15, 2013 at 11:06 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Every single Herzog film bindes one to the screen and one cannot help but watch it to the end.
Fucking A. Herzog is the best director alive! Hell, I'm working on a version of Little Women where Jo marries a character based on him.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.