Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martes foina
Martes foina
Martes foina is the scientific name of an animal which here we call "Marder" the english word is Beech marten and this is what it looksl like:

[Image: 379px-Steinmarder_%28cropped%29.jpg]

It is a widespread animal in western Europe and central asia and known to be a bit of a pest.
Pest because it oftern makes it`s nests in roofs during breeding season and has the habit to bite through cabels. Funny enought they use to be very common here as pets before they were replaced by the domesticated cat. They are far more effective in hunting other little pests like mice, yet arent as cuddly as the cat.
Also I think it is worth mentioning that the animal family of the "mustelidae" have the strongest jaws and therefor the most powerfull and painfull bite of all mamals, well at least the "Vielfraß" Wolverine has.

So why am I mentioning this?

Well in the past days, I have heard extremly loud trampling noises on my roof and after taking a view of it one day I found that a "Steinmarder" had moved into it.
First off I thought of getting rid of the animal as fast as possible.

But at second thought, I still want to ask at first, does anyone here have expirience with these animals?
Are they worth keeping as pestcontrol?
Are they dangerous?
Does anyone here have expirience in making pics of wild animals?