Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths
Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths
(Redacted)
RE: Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths
Quote:"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 2:22-23)"

how mythical can it be when it is writen in the book you follow?
(March 3, 2013 at 3:57 pm)andy.alder Wrote: I recently started the book series, “Denouncing Pseudo-Christian Myths,” and published my first book’s Kindle edition, “Top 7 Reasons of Why God Wouldn’t Condemn Abortion, Stem Cell Research, and Experiments on Human Embryos and Fetuses Today,” by Andy Alder, at amazon.

I would be grateful for your reading, reviews, and comments.

In short, this is a concise informative book, highly enlightening and somewhat entertaining. It adds a Christian perspective to the unending debate on whether the unborn is a human being or not – and, consequently, whether its destruction may be justified or should be condemned; whether stem cell research, experiments on human embryos and fetuses, and cloning for medical purposes are permitted or must be banned.

Having being a devoted Christian for more than 17 years and, as the Bible alleges, having the mind of Christ, I wanted to understand what God might think about these issues of great personal, medical, and scientific importance. If he walked among us today and met a raped or single woman who had made a decision to have an abortion procedure, would he advise her to keep the pregnancy? If he attended a symposium and met a group of doctors and scientists, conducting experiments on human embryos and fetuses, would he advise them to stop it?

Periodically tracking these topics, I wonder why some anti-abortion and anti-research activists can be so obsessively adherent to their views – to the point of chasing patients, threatening doctors, and picketing medical clinics and scientific facilities – and what sources they draw upon to develop their arguments. Do you know the three magic words many of them repeat again and again? God, Christian (for instance, morale, heritage, belief), and Bible. Sometimes it makes me laughing because I am yet to find any strong “Christian” evidence supporting their position.

As a result, the debate frequently turns out to be either a pointless confrontation or idle talk due to inability of pro-choicers to realize that, instead of refuting emotional and religious arguments of pro-lifers with merits of advancing medicine and science, they must clearly show that, frankly speaking, “Christianity-based” reasons are not truly Christian, nor are they Biblical, nor existent at all. Personally, I believe that some religious, social, and political FUNdamentalists, prone to conservative thinking and endorsed by masses of genuinely ignorant people, artificially inflate and intentionally politicize both the issue of abortion and the issue of stem cell research and experiments on human embryos and fetuses.

This book is for any reader looking for a better understanding of the problem. Nevertheless it is written by a Christian and from the Christian, Bible-based, perspective, non-Christian audience is especially welcome and will be enormously benefited from its contents. Why? Because, at times, it is so easy to get confused, intimidated, or even speechless, listening to or personally facing the wordy squall of emotionally charged people whose “Christian” jargon you do not understand.

Emotionally charged? More like sexually frustrated
xXUKAFTTXx

Do you have any children's books on similar themes? (Sorta like the Hovind books on evolution.)

I struggle trying to read all that adult crap and prefer something with lots of pictures. (Oh, and if it makes noise or has popups, that's even better.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 4, 2013 at 8:40 pm)apophenia Wrote:

Do you have any children's books on similar themes? (Sorta like the Hovind books on evolution.)

I struggle trying to read all that adult crap and prefer something with lots of pictures. (Oh, and if it makes noise or has popups, that's even better.)

Don't forget scratch-and-sniff patches. That always helps hold attention too.
So you call yourself a xtian even though you have cherry picked your own religion out of it.

Well, why not. It's what all the rest of them do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myths and Symbols in Pagan Europe The Grand Nudger 4 1244 August 29, 2011 at 1:52 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko