Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock the week on Obama's healthcare plan.
Mock the week on Obama's healthcare plan.
[youtube]bbIw81p9IQA[/youtube]
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Mock the week on Obama's healthcare plan.
I think that article about Steven Hawking just goes to show that these people (1) have no idea what Obama is planning with healthcare, and (2) cannot be bothered to do any research on the matter anyway.

Ultimate strawman!
LOL, this is so right on the mark. People against health care are not doing anything to try to find what exactly Obama is planing for health care. They just listen to other peoples dumb bullshit. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
binnyCoffee
He hasn't even said what he was planning on doing for sure. The bill is over a thousand pages long I know that. How in the world are we supposed to know what is in a bill that big?
(September 1, 2009 at 3:11 pm)dry land fish Wrote: He hasn't even said what he was planning on doing for sure. The bill is over a thousand pages long I know that. How in the world are we supposed to know what is in a bill that big?

You know what the rationale is but you reject it because it goes against your capitalist doctrine.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(September 1, 2009 at 3:41 pm)bozo Wrote:
(September 1, 2009 at 3:11 pm)dry land fish Wrote: He hasn't even said what he was planning on doing for sure. The bill is over a thousand pages long I know that. How in the world are we supposed to know what is in a bill that big?

You know what the rationale is but you reject it because it goes against your capitalist doctrine.

NO! I don't know the rationale. I understand we want to live in a perfect world but it won't work here. It won't work in the USA. I agree with that guy on the video when he's talking about Palin. She's a moron. Not everyone against this plan is an anti Obama racist Republican. Today I saw where a Black woman who is a Democratic politician from California was on TV talking about how people who are opposed to the plan are racist. How dare she!!! The Democrats are using the race card to try to blast those who oppose it and they can't even realize that most of us that are against it voted for Obama because we were under the impression he was going to help make it cheaper and not take it over!!! We were under the impression that people who charge excess amounts of money for procedures would be kept in check. I was not aware that anyone would have to pay more taxes for this. How do any of you know even what is in that bill? The Congress is reading it right now and has it been released to the public? It's a huge bill and no one knows what is in it even Congress. Americans don't usually trust our government too much. They are usually good for jacking stuff up and costing us a lot of money in the process. Government programs fail. FEMA, Wellfare, DARE, Child Support, and other programs ran by the government are horrible. FEMA is good for stealing taxpayers money, DARE was a flop. I was forced to go through that program and I remember rolling joints on my DARE graduation certificate. Wellfare...well for years there was no limit to how long one could draw. People made a career out of being on wellfare. Now people are still allowed to be on it in my state for five or seven years before finding a job. Surely you people have been in an American government building for something. They are always jacked up. Paper work is missing, someone brain dead is working there, they are rude, they don't listen to you, they don't care if you are satisfied with the service they provide you. These people will be deciding our healthcare benefits and coverages? I can't wait! I can't wait to call them for customer service and be on hold for five hours to get someone who's a chronic smoker who talks like they have a frog in their throat to half way listen to me and give me a generic answer and hang up on me before I can even finish what I had to say. That is what it's like to deal with our government. Has anyone tried calling the VA? An actual government ran hospital? They have an automated system for everything and good luck if you can finally get to the operator. Dialing 0 doesn't work. Then they can never answer your question and they will send you to five or six different people when all you want to know is something simple like "when is my appointment". Someone might call you back if you leave them a voicemail it all depends on if they are busy talking. That's all they do there is talk to eachother and they don't do their job. They hire a bunch of lazy people who sit around talking about what burger they will eat for lunch and you stand there looking at them and they will keep talking because what do they care if you get good service? Where else will you go for treatment? Yep..that's how the government treats the vets. You want them to treat all of us that way?

Just face it...our government is horrible and they can't fight themselves out of a wet paper bag. They will screw this up so badly if it passes that the people who wanted this free health care will be wishing we were back to the way we are today. It truly scares me to think about politicians having any more power over the private lives of Americans than they already have.
You say the bill is so big that nobody knows whats in it, but by the way you rattle on and on and on you seem to know exactly what's in the bill. Wow. How come you have this great insight, but when the rest of us try to tell you what their views are you wont listen at all. What makes you so right about what the presidents plan is and everyone else so wrong. Just because you have had some bad dealings with ONE VA hospital in your tiny corner of the world? That is the way the whole country is run? Maybe it's just your state that's run that way or your county. Have you ever left your little corner of the world to make you such and expert on how health care is run in the whole US? Have you traveled around the country and talked to everyone about their feelings on the health care plan Obama has for us? Did it ever occur to you that some of the people on this forum are from other parts of the US and world? Maybe you should listen to what their experiences are before you make a closed minded judgment on the issue.
Another thing, it's not OK to have socialized medicine, but it IS OK to have socialized gyms? WTF?
binnyCoffee
Dlf,
Now try to concentrate....the rationale that you say you don't know about is PROVIDING HEALTHCARE FOR 46 MILLION AMERICANS WHO DON'T HAVE IT.
How that is achieved is open for debate in your country.
Now then, I accused you of not agreeing with the rationale and I have read nothing from you that changes my opinion.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
It is for the people who are less unfortunate that don’t make enough money for private health insurance.

I am in the same boat as these people. I have graduated from college. And I can’t afford private insurance.

Amp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if Obama said the things Trump has said? Aegon 6 1049 August 7, 2017 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  One more week to go ignoramus 6 1747 July 9, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Pope - After a Week In 'Murrica Minimalist 127 24314 September 25, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Videos on Stoicism and Stoic Week Mequa 1 1111 November 27, 2014 at 11:47 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Last Week Tonight Minimalist 0 838 July 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Wink ROFL! I'm obama Parody Big Blue Sky 3 2012 June 20, 2013 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky
  Obama compromise amid Catholic contraception anger Forsaken 1 1216 February 10, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  President Obama Rickrolls Twitter poster (true)| Twitter Anymouse 0 1756 July 27, 2011 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: Anymouse
  Obama's Greatest Speech Ever. :) leo-rcc 7 3487 March 25, 2010 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Obama v.s. Fly Giff 4 1881 June 20, 2009 at 9:35 am
Last Post: LEDO