Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This post's likeliness of being original is 0% (Hello!)
This post's likeliness of being original is 0% (Hello!)
I was digging along and ended up here. And I am an atheist. So let the circlejerking begin! But anyway- I'm from south-central Illinois, kinda somewhere between Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO. On the absolute edge of the bible belt, where there is quite a Christian population yet- quite a liberal one.

In high school, I just called myself agnostic (not knowing that atheist is just the belief position), but now, I'm cool with the whole agnostic- atheist label. My mom calls herself a Christian, my dad isn't much of anything. My sister and brother both went to church, my brother turned into some kind of agnostic-deist and my sister is a "Christian" with a drug habit and horrible taste in men.

I can't speak of any sort of oppression or fear- I'm quite lucky- most people accept my atheism. I feel badly for those who grow up in strongly religious households, or had to go through deconversion around highly religious others. I was lucky to be born atheist, and to live atheist. No religious anything was put forth on me. I am a true clean-slate atheist- and for this reason- my knowledge of theology is as expected, dreadfully slim. But so is my knowledge of unicorn breeding habits. Anyway, as all introductions go, they have an end.

My main interests include making music, playing video games from 10 to 20 years ago especially, cleaning (don't make fun of me, I'm an organizational OCD freak), and some comedic slapstick anime because I can't stand the stuff that takes itself too seriously most of the time. I'm also quite the 90's kid, haha.
RE: This post's likeliness of being original is 0% (Hello!)
Relax...enjoy yourself.
Guten Abend
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
I think the originality of your post is several orders of magnitude above 0% - I've never never encountered the word "likeliness" before. Wink

Welcome aboard!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I think the originality of your post is several orders of magnitude above 0%

Actually, even 0^999 is still zero. Tongue
Bear in mind, though: CSE Maths (ungraded). That I even came up with something that makes any sense at all ought to count for something..!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Oops. Likelihood! Haha. My rural is showing, I suppose. There's a lot more about me (and about everyone else too, I'm sure), but I'm too lazy to make a post the length of the world and bore everyone to tears.
(March 11, 2013 at 10:33 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Bear in mind, though: CSE Maths (ungraded). That I even came up with something that makes any sense at all ought to count for something..!

I was just making a joke. I happen to personally know someone who is incredibly math illiterate; you are not that person.

...and I don't even know what CSE Maths (ungraded) means.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Don't worry, it just means I sat the exam but I might as well have simply sat at home. Actually that's not true; I managed a passing grade but I've no idea how. Advanced calculus is just Latin to me.

(I did actually get that you were joking, btw; I was just having some fun with you, as is my wont. And the word is 'innumerate' Tongue)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Original, Funny, Atheist Apparel reasonistproducts 1 987 September 22, 2012 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Le new, completely original introductory topic.. le_procyon 6 2164 April 7, 2012 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fuckass365
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6016 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3650 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates