Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science Vs Faith
Science Vs Faith
http://selfexile.com/science-vs-faith/

Interesting hehe.
RE: Science Vs Faith
science will slowly eat away at faith and as it does theists will either change over to the good side (realism) or desperately cling to their beliefs with more and more aggression. Quite ironic isn't it, eg.. christianity teaches peace and forgiveness but just watch them fight.
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
I don't see how the struggle can go on forever really.

Either (eventually) the whole world will (more or less) turn to science....

Or most of the future generations will turn to ignoranceSad

SUX0R

lol.

Amenray.
(October 21, 2008 at 6:02 am)Bungy Wrote: science will slowly eat away at faith and as it does theists will either change over to the good side (realism) or desperately cling to their beliefs with more and more aggression. Quite ironic isn't it, eg.. christianity teaches peace and forgiveness but just watch them fight.

Noooo ... you people are not religious at all! Nope. Not a bit. Science isn't your god. No.
(November 8, 2008 at 6:52 pm)Daystar Wrote: Noooo ... you people are not religious at all! Nope. Not a bit. Science isn't your god. No.

You see he can be taught!

EDIT: Oh, my mistake, he was (rather stupidly IMO) attempting to be facetious ... my bad, I thought he'd grown a brain cell :idea:

Kyu
Ha ha. Daystar just because we think science is brilliant that doesn't mean its our religion! Or that we have faith in it!
If you truly love certain types of music or certain bands/musicians, or certain foods or certain arts, or certain movies or certain TV programs, does that mean that's your RELIGION? No.
And science is probably less religious than them! If science is religious moderation then indulging in the above pleasures is probably dogmatically fanatically zealous religious fundamentalism!
(November 9, 2008 at 10:56 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: You see he can be taught!

EDIT: Oh, my mistake, he was (rather stupidly IMO) attempting to be facetious ... my bad, I thought he'd grown a brain cell :idea:

Its a good thing you had to keep it short, I've noticed you can't say anything over a paragraph yourself without posting a link to or paisting someone elses shit. Is it that difficult for a Catholic gone Atheist to think for themselves?
(November 9, 2008 at 2:40 pm)Daystar Wrote: Its a good thing you had to keep it short, I've noticed you can't say anything over a paragraph yourself without posting a link to or paisting someone elses shit. Is it that difficult for a Catholic gone Atheist to think for themselves?

The word, moron, is "pasting" and most of the "shit" I cut & paste was originally written by me ... get it right next time.

Kyu
[youtube]EQzm1PvWMEw[/youtube]
The War on Science - Part One
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Daystar in my opinion science is not a religion and most of its theories can be proven by a little thing called experimentation. Most of sciences discoveries can be reproduced in a lab by another technician once he is given the formula and its results are reproducible.Unlike religion there is nothing there that can be proven,it's all based on the musings and writings of nomadic tribes of over 2000 years ago 6 more approximately if you want to add the O.T. authors as well.

Science is not a religion but an expedition in learning and exploring the mysteries of the world we live in.Most science can be done at home with a simple chemistry set.God on the other hand is a ghost and you have to just take the word of some ancient scribe with no understanding of the world or science who on top of that was confined to a specific portion of the world.
Science and religion are incompatible and the total opposite of each other.I don't think that science will ever prevail over religion since there will always be a large contingent of people that insists on clinging to ancient myths due to upbringing and tradition.Christians believe by faith,therefore logic and reason has nothing to do with it.They don't accept reason or logic and they are content to just believe without any explanation.When they are shown the error of their ways they accuse you of being the devil trying to tempt them away from the "truth".
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science presuppositions as being grounded on faith Dolorian 12 2600 October 14, 2014 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7725 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Does confidence=faith in Science? (Guardian) Anymouse 12 3877 June 12, 2011 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4272 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe
  Is 'faith' really a 'great cop-out'? CoxRox 126 50361 November 14, 2008 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet