Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Bach!
Music 
Happy Birthday Bach!
Yesterday was J.S. Bach's birthday, the master of 18th century tonal counterpoint.

Here's a few of my favorites:

His sons were also famous composers (more famous than himself during his lifetime):

CPE Bach

WF Bach

JC Bach

JCF Bach

His grandson (son of JCF Bach) was also a composer:

My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Happy Birthday Bach!
It is also Quentin Tarantino`s birthday Tongue
Happy birthday, ya grump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWPXybVjYE

May you rot peacefully in your grave, and some necromancer never find you.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 22, 2013 at 10:15 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Here's a few of my favorites:

You lie! Big Grin

I don't like Bach (as I think I've told you before). It's an absolute pain to play his pieces on the piano. But I do love listening to his works.
And a small joke: Arnold, Sylvester and Dolph were going to a masquerade and they discussed who they would go as. Dolph said: "I'll be Beethoven!". Sylvester said: "I'll be Mozart!". Arnold said: "I'll be Bach!"
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I've got Gardiner's recording of "Mass in B Minor" in my listening queue, and on Friday, I'll be listening to Otto Klemperer's "St. Matthew Passion."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  75 Years of Joni Mitchell! Happy Birthday! chimp3 4 564 September 7, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3