Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello c:
Hello c:
So, i'm pretty new to this site, and Atheism in general. So, I apologize if I seem slightly naive to anyone here.

For the longest time, I refused to call myself an Atheist. But today, I think I really confirmed with myself that I am. I remember, since i've always been forced to go to church, and still am, taking communion. So today, well this evening I decided I wouldn't. I swear, I could feel the stares. My friend's mom confronted me about it afterwards, and I realized basically I don't belive. Which equals Atheism, obviously. So I told her that.

They're all judging me, but whatever. At least I figured out something about me.

I guess that's it, and again i'm sorry if I come off as stupid or something like that.
RE: Hello c:
Welcome to the forums!
People will judge (as they're told not to in the bible) but don't worry too much about it.
Quote:Matthew 7:1: Judge not, lest ye be judged.

You don't (haven't yet, at least) come across as stupid... Especially next to some of the people here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send a PM.
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
No....the fine churchies come off as stupid...but that's generally normal for them.

They really do think they are better than you because they believe in bullshit fairy tales.

As H. L. Mencken observed...

Quote:God is the immemorial refuge of the incompetent, the helpless, the miserable. They find not only sanctuary in His arms, but also a kind of superiority, soothing to their macerated egos: He will set them above their betters.
— H L Mencken

Welcome.
Welcome Smile
Guten Abend
(March 29, 2013 at 9:44 pm)Insertcoolnamehere Wrote: They're all judging me, but whatever. At least I figured out something about me.

[Image: ea3.gif]

Velcome to ze forumz!
Good for you. Welcome to the rest of your life.
welcome!Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 29, 2013 at 9:44 pm)Insertcoolnamehere Wrote: So, i'm pretty new to this site, and Atheism in general. So, I apologize if I seem slightly naive to anyone here.

No need to apologize... if you do end up being 'slightly naive': you'll be just like every other member of the forum. I doubt anyone will notice.

Quote:For the longest time, I refused to call myself an Atheist. But today, I think I really confirmed with myself that I am. I remember, since i've always been forced to go to church, and still am, taking communion. So today, well this evening I decided I wouldn't. I swear, I could feel the stares. My friend's mom confronted me about it afterwards, and I realized basically I don't belive. Which equals Atheism, obviously. So I told her that.

They sound entirely too interested in you. Are you popular, or are they creepy? Or... may the gods forbid... both? 0.o

Quote:They're all judging me, but whatever. At least I figured out something about me.

I guess that's it, and again i'm sorry if I come off as stupid or something like that.

Don't worry: I'll judge you too. Self-discovery's always a plus.

Unless it turns out you find that your prime directive is to kill every squirrel that you see... in which case, I'm certain self-discovery will significantly impact your dating life. Negatively.

Stop tripping over yourself in apology... it's not as if we bite. .... Er.... it's not as if they bite. Often... at least most of them don't have rabies and won't bite you without your consent Big Grin

As for me... I promise nothing. May I come in? Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day