Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps one day.
Perhaps one day.
In midst of the chaos
It's hard to be righteous
Paint all over with fuzzy vision
Is there even a picture?
Most people claim to have clear vision
Should I disbelieve in all of them?
Has anyone any glasses for me?
Is there an easy way out?
Or must I remedy my vision?
People ready to die for their cause
As if they see all clearly see their path
The path is clear to those who seek they say
"If you seek the truth, you will know one day"
So they say.
So they say.
But here's me hoping...
Perhaps one day.
Perhaps one day.
RE: Perhaps one day.
(March 31, 2013 at 5:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: In midst of the chaos
It's hard to be righteous
Paint all over with fuzzy vision
Is there even a picture?
Most people claim to have clear vision
Should I disbelieve in all of them?
Has anyone any glasses for me?
Is there an easy way out?
Or must I remedy my vision?
People ready to die for their cause
As if they see all clearly see their path
The path is clear to those who seek they say
"If you seek the truth, you will know one day"
So they say.
So they say.
But here's me hoping...
Perhaps one day.
Perhaps one day.

This is all warm and fuzzy and all, but what if the one saying "Perhaps one day" is honestly delusional? Humans did at one time insist the sun rotated around the earth, and the person who pointed out the nature of reality to them was put under house arrest. "Perhaps one day everyone would think like me". Has been the narcissism of our species that continues to divide us.

"Perhaps" one day more can learn that we are the same species and not these comic book tribes concocted by ignorance and wishful thinking.
RE: Perhaps one day.
I'm extending it to more than more to a religious world view. People act (or believe to be) certain with regards to the direction not only that they should take, but the whole world should take. They talk as if they know everything there is to know to be a good human being. They act as if they know who is righteous and who is evil, and that there is clear picture of truth and falsehood, good and evil. Others act as if they know for sure no one knows anything beyond what science has proven. Some Atheists act as if they know the direction the world should take. That they are quite sure once you remove religion, the world will become a better place. People act as if they know. But another thing is, should I disbelieve in everyone claiming to know?

To me, "nothing is for certain, everything is possible" from my point of view right now. I'm saying perhaps one day I will become certain of a path even though right now, it feels there is no way to know for certain. We reason so much, but then are filled with non-sequiturs and don't even realize. I suspect the more you reason "life", "morals" etc, the more fallacies you will end up relying on, as opposed to the basic rhythm of the heart. Only that the basic rhythm of the heart has lead to chaos, which makes me question, if there is even "picture" out there, that we can capture, or we just seeing fuzzy colours that is chaotic, making it as if we see a clear picture, when none of us do.