Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Christians..
Question for Christians..
Why was little or no faith needed to believe in God during Old Testament times (God appeared to humans regularly) yet today Christians have to rely on 100% faith for their belief?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Question for Christians..
(September 6, 2009 at 1:28 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Why was little or no faith needed to believe in God during Old Testament times (God appeared to humans regularly) yet today Christians have to rely on 100% faith for their belief?

And even that wasn't enough for them.
When the jews escaped egypt and slavery after all those whiz bang miracles, what was the first thing they did as soon as daddy moses buggered off out of view, they rejected Yahweh and made their own God to worship.

A golden calf, although what good they thought the calf was going to do them I don't really know.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 6, 2009 at 1:37 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: A golden calf, although what good they thought the calf was going to do them I don't really know.

It's bollocks. It's all bollocks that's what it is, bollocks.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

EvF
(September 6, 2009 at 1:40 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
(September 6, 2009 at 1:37 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: A golden calf, although what good they thought the calf was going to do them I don't really know.

It's bollocks. It's all bollocks that's what it is, bollocks.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

EvF

do you mean bullocks?

I'll get me coat.

Are you referring to a sketch from The Fast Show?

I'll get me cloak (a 1 of sketch from TFS, where he had a a cloak instead).

EvF
(September 6, 2009 at 1:49 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Are you referring to a sketch from The Fast Show?

I'll get me cloak (a 1 of sketch from TFS, where he had a a cloak instead).

EvF

Yep

(September 6, 2009 at 1:28 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Why was little or no faith needed to believe in God during Old Testament times (God appeared to humans regularly) yet today Christians have to rely on 100% faith for their belief?

In the New Testament they actually had God as their mate. And Still they didn't believe it and needed faith.
If he actually spoke to them, performed supernatural acts etc., how could they not believe. It's a bit like denying the rain!

Perhaps he was an alien playing silly buggers with a primitive race Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Well that's what happened !!! (lol @ myself)

Thomas wanted to put his hands in the wounds to prove it. Still faith is required.

Jesus said if ppl (I think he was referring to his disciples) had as much faith as a mustard seed they could move mountains (like Neo in the Matrix believing in the simulation than what his eyes saw Big Grin). He mocked them because of their lack of faith.
(September 6, 2009 at 2:45 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Well that's what happened !!! (lol @ myself)

Thomas wanted to put his hands in the wounds to prove it. Still faith is required.

Jesus said if ppl (I think he was referring to his disciples) had as much faith as a mustard seed they could move mountains (like Neo in the Matrix believing in the simulation than what his eyes saw Big Grin). He mocked them because of their lack of faith.

Oh, was that one of the literal parts of the bible? Or just a metaphorical one?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2595 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11031 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  question for christians leodeo 8 2354 November 21, 2013 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: leodeo
  Question for both Christians and Muslims. Mystic 23 11402 July 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Skepsis