Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Take it, queer-boy!" A story of the Heretic being physically assaulted.
"Take it, queer-boy!" A story of the Heretic being physically assaulted.
So yesterday I was out near West Towne Mall, having gone to wander around the mall for a bit, browsing a few stores, posting up a couple flyers about my newly-started computer repair-upgrade-construction business on the community boards there, and sporting my new red Equality shirt. As I was leaving to get on the bus to go back home I was approached by a trio of guys who looked to be about in their mid-30s or so. They indicated my shirt, proceeded to openly, and loudly, mock me and accuse me of being gay, myself. I didn't respond, since they were clearly looking to start some shit. This is when one grabbed me by ponytail [long hair, only way to keep it out of my eyes when I go out] as I continued walking towards the bus stop. He yanked, I retaliated and took a swing, clipped his jaw. The others grabbed me. One drove his knee into my solar plexus. When I reflexively bent over, the other brought his fist down into my right eye rather hard. There's a bit of fog here, as apparently my head hit the pavement kind of hard, but I do remember a lot of impacts being directed my way, apparently from them kicking me. One delivered a toe-first kick to my face, which cut my lip and gums pretty bad. I vaguely recall a bunch of diatribe being thrown my way, calling me a faggot and a cock-sucker and many other ridiculously uncreative insults while I was being beaten into a state of senselessness. Someone came what felt like minutes later but was probably only seconds and stopped them, the guys ran off, and the cops and paramedics came. I spent two hours in a hospital being checked for any permanent or lasting damage, thankfully of which there was none save for a minor concussion and several bruised ribs, one of which has a minor fracture, thus preventing me from any strenuous activity for a couple weeks. I am to report any sudden sharp pains in my chest, and wear a stabilizing bandage across my chest for another week to make sure the rib does not move and further the damage. My right eye is blackened, my lips have a noticeable gash in them that will heal but may leave a faint scar.

Also my shirt got torn up at some point in this scuffle.

And no. This is not a lingering April Fool's joke. I will post pictures if I can get a hold of a webcam before the more noticeable injuries heal. I look like hell. My glasses, most fortunately, came off when my head was yanked and I spun and clipped the guy, otherwise they could've been damaged. As it was, they were found a few feet away. Which is good because I really can't afford another pair of glasses right now. At all.

I distinctly recall the one who drove his knee up under my chest wearing a crucifix, too, so I can hazard a guess at their religious beliefs. I gave as good a description of the assailants as I could, and a few witnesses gave much better ones, and bet your ass I will be pressing charges.

Meanwhile, I am in serious pain. And if I get an interview any time this week I'll be going in looking like this. Reeeeeal good.
RE: "Take it, queer-boy!" A story of the Heretic being physically assaulted.
How horrible! I hope they are found and arrested. And I hope you recover quickly, but do take pictures, not to post, but as evidence of your injuries, if the hospital didn't do that already.
This makes me feel good to be up here, in Canada. Nice and secular, mostly free of aggressive fairytale-believing rednecks.
Yeah, the doctor offered for sake of evidence. Apparently also someone got a picture of them on their cell-phone from a distance. I'm not going to question why they were photographing instead of helping, since for all I know the one who got them to stop is the same person who took said picture.
I really can't say anything polite right now, I'm so angry.

I'm sorry you're hurt, Creed. I'll come back when I'm not likely to blister the thread with something I know you're already feeling.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Fuck, Creed. I'm at a loss as to what to say to this. I'm glad you're relatively OK.
By all means, blister the thread away, Summer. Maybe it'll make me smile for a moment.

So am I, Cthu, so am I. This has me a bit shaken up, given this happened in the middle of a fairly busy parking lot in front of a constantly busy mall. It was right in the open.
That's terrible. I'm sorry I don't completely know what to say!
I hope you recover soon, and the people that did this to you get what they deserve.
Mo'fuggin karma.
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
I would hug you, but since your ribs are tender, I'll refrain.

But fuck!! How assholish can people be?! I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but glad that you are otherwise alright.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Fucking cowards. My bet is they wouldn't dare if you were not alone. Hope you heal up soon <3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who counts as queer? FrustratedFool 79 3844 October 31, 2023 at 10:18 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 520557 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1149 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Take a guess onlinebiker 17 1233 November 25, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How do you take your coffee? vulcanlogician 37 2357 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2262 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do you take your tea? BrokenQuill92 29 1228 November 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  A story Apollo 2 411 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire