Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show me your proof
Show me your proof
I just want to see what proof you have for or against God. Not intending to turn this into a nasty debate, I just want to hear what you all have to say about the subject of the God that I believe in, from every religious view. If you would be so kind!

Wink Shades
Clap[/i][/size]God demonstrates His own love for us in this: that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
RE: Show me your proof
There is none!

Just as there is no proof for or against the existence of a giant, pink, non-interacting and invisible Elephant that lives in my kitchen who instantly vanishes as soon as anyone enters the room or attempts to prove his existence!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(April 7, 2013 at 4:48 am)Mr_Dew7 Wrote: I just want to see what proof you have for or against God. Not intending to turn this into a nasty debate, I just want to hear what you all have to say about the subject of the God that I believe in, from every religious view. If you would be so kind!

Wink Shades

It depends which type of christian you are as to if I could disprove your religion and your god. I don't know if you're a mormon, young earth creationist, protestant, catholic or if you just happen to be quite fond of some parts of the bible.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Omnipotence is impossible due to paradoxes

Another way to disprove the almighty god is that omnipotence leads to paradoxes. Can god make a rock that is too heavy for him to carry? Can god build a wall that even he can't tear down?

Also, if god knows everything, he knows what he will do in the "future" (in any dimension, not necessary the time dimension). He must have known that from the very start of his own existence. Thus god's actions are predestined. God is tied by faith, he has no free will. If god has no free will god is not omnipotent. Another way to put it is that to be able to make plans and decisions one must act over time. If god stands above time he can not do that and has no free will. Indeed, if god stands above all dimensions god is dimensionless - a singularity, nothing, void.

Besides there can exist no free wills at all if god is almighty. If you had a free will, god wouldn't know what you would do tomorrow and wouldn't be omnipotent.

The void creator

If everything must have been created, then god must have been created as well. If god is not created, then everything mustn't have a creator, so why should life or cosmos have one?

Besides this argument has another leap. If everything has a source and god is that source, then god must have existed without it before he created it. So if god created time and space, he must live outside of time and space. Thus he is non-existent. If all life must come from something and that is god, god is not alive and hence non-existent. If morality must come from god, god lacks morality. If logic comes from god, god is illogical. If nature comes from god, god is unnatural. If existence comes from god, god is non-existent. If god is the cause of everything, god is void
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Even when I was a Christian I didn't think there was proof of God. I loved learning about religions and apologetics, but I found myself siding with the atheists fairly consistantly, and it got to the point where I believed there was no logical or scientific proof for God and there never would be. It was all about feeeeeling him. *cringes*
Ponders too much; thinks too little.
(April 7, 2013 at 5:04 am)Darwinian Wrote: There is none!

Just as there is no proof for or against the existence of a giant, pink, non-interacting and invisible Elephant that lives in my kitchen who instantly vanishes as soon as anyone enters the room or attempts to prove his existence!

If that elephant disappears that quickly how is it you know he has been there.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 7, 2013 at 5:48 am)Godschild Wrote:

If that elephant disappears that quickly how is it you know he has been there.
quite...
There simply is no proof of a higher power. If an individual strives hard enough to discover something that is not there, he will eventually convince himself that it is there. That is the only way for believers to have faith. They must delude themselves into believing that a god does exist. Rather sad, actually.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 7, 2013 at 5:15 am)missluckie26 Wrote:

It would be nice to hear something different, you have any original thoughts on God, if not you do not exist, Angel.

(April 7, 2013 at 5:53 am)Maelstrom Wrote: There simply is no proof of a higher power. If an individual strives hard enough to discover something that is not there, he will eventually convince himself that it is there. That is the only way for believers to have faith. They must delude themselves into believing that a god does exist. Rather sad, actually.

I see sadness as one who has never experienced God.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

None at all for or against God?

(April 7, 2013 at 5:13 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 7, 2013 at 4:48 am)Mr_Dew7 Wrote: I just want to see what proof you have for or against God. Not intending to turn this into a nasty debate, I just want to hear what you all have to say about the subject of the God that I believe in, from every religious view. If you would be so kind!

Wink Shades

It depends which type of christian you are as to if I could disprove your religion and your god. I don't know if you're a mormon, young earth creationist, protestant, catholic or if you just happen to be quite fond of some parts of the bible.

I am just a Christian. No denomination at all. I simply believe in and try hard to live by what Gods Word says.
Clap[/i][/size]God demonstrates His own love for us in this: that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure Stan will show up. Brian37 20 813 March 3, 2024 at 3:06 am
Last Post: no one
  A.S.K. your way to proof. Drich 378 39946 June 13, 2020 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4621 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19160 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Christans show Jesus is God and not Satan Pizza 83 13601 March 19, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Some Simple Questions show Atheistic Origin Science is false (proof 2 begins) SavedByGraceThruFaith 369 193060 October 9, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I'll show you a real Christian Foxaèr 66 14308 May 26, 2014 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Benham brothers lose HGTV show Foxaèr 13 4616 May 10, 2014 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The Daily Show - Haters of the Lost Ark Minimalist 1 1497 April 9, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  FREE WILL! why cant god physically show himself? truthBtold 50 14223 January 17, 2014 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Drich