Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were to make a book claiming to be revealed by God, how would you start?
If you were to make a book claiming to be revealed by God, how would you start?
Chapter 1, You think you're cooler than me?

Hi, humans, it's me God.
Listen up yo.
If you don't believe in me, I'm cool with that, just be cool with each other, so that you ascend towards my coolness.
Don't go around being intolerant and all and being good is totally cool.
Don't go around hating others who don't believe in this message.
Be compassionate, be caring, be kind...but if you're not, try to forgive yourself and try at least a little to be like that, because I forgive you cause I'm awesome like that.
Don't go disrespecting yourself, hold up your head high, and if you can't, do what you got to do, to earn your pride.
How?
Listen to the beat, the rhythm of the heart.
Peace out, I'll tell you more later.
RE: If you were to make a book claiming to be revealed by God, how would you start?
I'd make it along the lines of:

Quit acting like dicks and get on with it.

The childs version would be:

Stop acting like doo-doo heads and get on with it.
RE: If you were to make a book claiming to be revealed by God, how would you start?
(April 7, 2013 at 1:22 pm)Insanity x Wrote: I'd make it along the lines of:

Quit acting like dicks and get on with it.

The childs version would be:

Stop acting like doo-doo heads and get on with it.

Write more of the Child version. What would God say to children I wonder? How would he talk to them? I wanna see.
To be honest I'd feel uncomfortable telling anyone that there is a god when I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I'd much rather just tell people mortal to mortal to try not do be too much of a dick.
Well the thing is God is in the imagination of people. God if he existed really must be beyond our imagination. I have no idea how God would talk if he existed, but tend to think, he would not talk, because then every talk would be below his intellect and show an intellect below his intellect.
(April 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Chapter 1, You think you're cooler than me?

Hi, humans, it's me God.
Listen up yo.
If you don't believe in me, I'm cool with that, just be cool with each other, so that you ascend towards my coolness.
Be compassionate, be caring, be kind...but if you're not, try to forgive yourself and try at least a little to be like that, because I forgive you cause I'm awesome like that.
Don't go disrespecting yourself, hold up your head high, and if you can't, do what you got to do, to earn your pride.
How?

This is an amazing post to start because I was going to start one just like this ages ago but I forgot.

Ok well I would obviously copy of Muhammad and Joseph Smith, 2 extremely talented people at developing cults. I would base the new religion on the old ones but do it in a very vague way so it can never really be proven right or wrong. I would put in the book numerological coincidences which relate to science and stuff, if they are right they will be seen as miraculous, if proven wrong it wont matter anyway because I will be vague about if there even is numerological coincidences in the book. I would allude to the fact that evolution is true, but in a very vague way also just incase at some point in the distant future evolution is proven wrong. I would write it very poetically so if it is ever proven wrong or with errors people can just say its poetic and not meant to be literal. I would have to put threats down in the book and also make rules so that people who convert out of my religion face a lot of fear.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 7, 2013 at 2:08 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Chapter 1, You think you're cooler than me?

Hi, humans, it's me God.
Listen up yo.
How?

This is an amazing post to start because I was going to start one just like this ages ago but I forgot.

Ok well I would obviously copy of Muhammad and Joseph Smith, 2 extremely talented people at developing cults. I would base the new religion on the old ones but do it in a very vague way so it can never really be proven right or wrong. I would put in the book numerological coincidences which relate to science and stuff, if they are right they will be seen as miraculous, if proven wrong it wont matter anyway because I will be vague about if there even is numerological coincidences in the book. I would allude to the fact that evolution is true, but in a very vague way also just incase at some point in the distant future evolution is proven wrong. I would write it very poetically so if it is ever proven wrong or with errors people can just say its poetic and not meant to be literal. I would have to put threats down in the book and also make rules so that people who convert out of my religion face a lot of fear.

Learning from the best ay Wink

If people asked you to perform miracles, what would you say? I hope a better excuse than the one offered by Quran.
Hi douchebags, it's god. Next 400 chapters of the book dedicated to agricultural, civil, and mechanical engineering with nary a single she-bear eating one measely child..

Final verse :"but hey, don't take my word for it".
(I like to imagine that god is Levar Burton)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I would probably begin it with the words "Harry locked his mother in the closet."
Because if I was an all-powerful being writing a book, I'd probably write better than whoever put pen to papyrus and wrote The Bible.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 7, 2013 at 2:07 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Well the thing is God is in the imagination of people. God if he existed really must be beyond our imagination. I have no idea how God would talk if he existed, but tend to think, he would not talk, because then every talk would be below his intellect and show an intellect below his intellect.

People manage to communicate with each other all the time, in spite of differences in levels of intellect, understanding, maturity, and so on. Heck, we've managed to find ways to communicate with some non-humans to a limited degree. A being as powerful as what we imagine god to be should have no issues at all making his thoughts known to us in a manner that we could understand, unless he was a spectacularly inept designer.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of a Jesus movie would you make? Fake Messiah 18 2144 August 16, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  If you were alone on the planet, what would you do? Fake Messiah 59 4290 May 15, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Where were you during important historical events? The Valkyrie 23 1850 September 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  We were so poor .... 1st world edition. ignoramus 25 1200 October 18, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What were they thinking? vorlon13 13 911 August 20, 2018 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Describe yourself by what you were in previous life Fake Messiah 28 1464 May 17, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What if there were less of these fucking tiring 'what if' threads? Edwardo Piet 24 2556 October 17, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  What Would You Do If God Was Real? Scatolian Version chimp3 26 3281 October 7, 2017 at 10:43 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Remember when I talked about waiting for the first emoji book? abaris 2 564 September 1, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  God would be like... Torin 7 1132 August 13, 2016 at 1:15 am
Last Post: robvalue