Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Own Arty Sh*t
My Own Arty Sh*t
I wrote and performed this 'cyber-poem' about 8 years ago. It seems more relevant today.

The video material was re-edited from Reggio's Naqoyqatsi. Music and Poetry are original.

O Century

O Century,
where were you when our love blistered, cracked
and fell into the soundless sleep
that makes a bitter resonance of days?

O Century,
where were you when the clock struck dumb
the voices raised in anguish and despair
and crushed the sweet rebellion of hope?

'Time' heals nothing
but sucks our bones
and grinds its carbon teeth,
drools a slick-black spittle
and builds empires from the ash

Blameless we shall walk before you
proud in our reckless wisdom

but doomed.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: My Own Arty Sh*t
No offense, but that sucks.
RE: My Own Arty Sh*t
(April 8, 2013 at 6:49 pm)John V Wrote: No offense, but that sucks.

None taken.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)