Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Started a few days ago! :)
Started a few days ago! :)
Hi guys, I made an account for this forum a few days ago, but I haven't used it yet due to school. I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an 18 year old black female freshman in college, and i'm an atheist. (Buddhist) I became an atheist in 11th grade when I was sixteen and haven't looked back since. I'm one who tolerates every religion, as I have several friends of several different religious backgrounds, and my parents are religious. My hobbies are intramural dodge ball, piano, and just having fun. I joined this forum to connect with like-minded people. Sometimes it's hard being surrounded by people who believe differently than you! Thanks for reading. Big Grin
RE: Started a few days ago! :)
Guten Abend
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome!

I don't know if Atheism and Buddhism are interchangable terms, though...
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(April 9, 2013 at 8:48 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Welcome!

I don't know if Atheism and Buddhism are interchangable terms, though...

They are...neither cancels the other one out.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Welcome to the forum!
Welcome aboard! You are most certainly in for the ride of our life. Hang on tight!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink I just started on Saturday, October 6, 2018. anangelicbeingwhofellJohann 21 1959 October 6, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Just started polymath257 66 9547 January 9, 2018 at 12:02 am
Last Post: polymath257
  I need a lttle help with a few questions please Guesto123 16 2000 January 20, 2015 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Nope
  When it all started for me mrad0013 32 3442 September 2, 2014 at 5:20 am
Last Post: Ben Davis