Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible Is Mostly Not Factual
The Bible Is Mostly Not Factual
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDJbi5gfC0

Bible scholar on a panel tells audience, much of the Bible isn't factual, including Moses and King David. Theist sputtering and indignation ensues. "But the Bible has TROOOOTHS!" they wail. Richard Dawkins also gets in his piece.

Dr. Francesca is new to me. I must investigate further. Angel

While she is an atheist, she does say elsewhere she is friendly to religion.

I guess nobody's perfect.
RE: The Bible Is Mostly Not Factual
Francesca Stavrakopoulou has a whole series on Youtube. Here's Part 1.
"David is bullshit" (Okay - granted that is me paraphrasing!)

What? You mean to tell me Moses didn't actually split the Red Sea?!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

He didn't even piss in it.
I find her strangely beguiling. Like she's put a hex on me.
I keep thinking Ms. H. G. Wells from Warehouse 13. As for Dawkins...what a media whore.
Ah...poor Chad. Did that mean old Dawkins piss on your fucking holy parade one too many times?
Where was Dawkins' media whoring? I missed that bit.
It exists only in Chad's mind....much like his "god."
So what do Christians think about the fact many Bible scholars think many of the key events in the Bible are not factual? Sure you can say Genesis is myth/metaphor and oh, that Flood! Of course that didn't happen! But here we have the Exodus turning out to have no evidence, nor Moses, nor David, nor Joshua, nor the Ten Commandments and being lost in the desert and on and on.

And yet, they still persist in their delusion even though the evidence supports their religion being no different than Greek mythology.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 6468 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7587 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15565 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 43282 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972