Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiritualism
Spiritualism
Someone I know is a spiritualist.
Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this faith.
The person in question has long ceased talking to me about it.(Apparently I smirk).

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Spiritualism
Derren Brown does it better, and at least he admits he's tricking people. I'd even go as far to say that Derren Brown regularly outperforms psychics, and if you've been to one of his stage shows, you will leave completely bewildered.
Lol, I read that as "outperforms physics" assuming that you were (slightly) speaking in hyperbole. Because what he does seems impossible.

Derren brown is indeed awesome. And exposes the whole "psychic" bullshit.

"Spirtual" is my least favourite word of all time, because it can mean fucking anything. It's so fucking ambiguous - someone who says they are "Spiritual" can mean fucking anything. You even get 'spiritual atheists', UGH.

So thankfully, I'm an UNspiritual atheist. The only problem is...I have no idea what the fuck I'm denying! But that's what I'm denying, the gross ambiguity. Ugh.

As for spiritualISM, as in the whole 'talking to dead people' bullshit. I think it's just an example where people believe because they crave consolation. The 'deep-seated need to believe' that Carl Sagan spoke of.

EvF
How about Mentalist? lol
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Who? Me? Tongue

EvF
(September 9, 2009 at 11:38 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Who? Me? Tongue

EvF

Lol You can read minds? Big Grin
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Why? Did I read your mind that you were thinking that I was a mentalist as in "mental" as in a nutter? Confusedhock:

EvF
Me? Confusedhock: How could I think of you in such a manner? Angel Cloud
I guess you're not psychic then. LOL.

EvF
LOL I can only read my own mind Tongue But accurately though!