Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex Muslim Athiest Youtubers
Ex Muslim Athiest Youtubers
Are there any good Ex Muslim Atheist YouTubers who can explain to me the finer point of Islam and I will admit I know very little about it and how I can learn to debate without looking like a complete idiot.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Ex Muslim Athiest Youtubers
I don't know any ex-Muslim bedroom YouTubers, but here are some high profile ex-Muslims: Wafa Sultan, Hirsi Ali, Walid Shoebat, Maryam Namazie. (Not all are atheists).

I don't expect you will find many low profile ex-Muslims on YouTube simply because they risk their life when speaking about Islam as an ex-Muslim, so it tends to be all or nothing. (The penalty for leaving Islam is death).

The best way to learn about Islam is to study the life of Muhammad: he is held up to be the perfect example for all Muslims to follow. Here's a cut down guide to the Sira (biography of Muhammad):

http://www.politicalislam.com/pdf/WebSitePDF/Sira.pdf
http://www.politicalislam.com/store/a-ta...-mohammed/
Quote:In Medina, Mohammed sat all day long beside his 12-year-old wife while they watched as the heads of 800 Jews were removed by sword.2. Their heads were cut off because they had said that Mohammed was not the prophet of Allah. Muslims view these deaths as necessary because denying Mohammed’s prophet-hood was an offense against Islam, and beheading is the accepted method of punishment, sanctioned by Allah...

Apologists (dhimmis) say that this was a historic event, that all cultures have violence in their past, and that no judgment should be passed. They ignore the Islamic belief that the Sunna, Mohammed’s words and deeds in the past, is the perfect model for today and tomorrow and forever. They ignore the fact that this past event of the beheading of 800 Jewish men continues to be acceptable in the present and the future, thus the fate of Daniel Pearl (a reporter who was beheaded on camera).

2 The Life of Muhammad, A. Guillaume, Oxford University Press, 1982, pg. 464.

Wafa Sultan elaborates on Muhammad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgUtga5ISE

And that's why Sam Harris says: "Osama bin Laden... is giving a truly straightforward version of Islam, and you really have to be an acrobat to figure out how he is distorting the faith". Indeed.

If you watch a BBC documentary on Islam they don't deny the ugly facts about Muhammad, but they do some serious spinning to portray him as a persecuted man under siege from seemingly everyone everywhere that he had to kill or submit the whole of Arabia in "self defence". Uh huh.

Which version of Islam seems more believable? That's up to you. But the critical thing to know about Islam is the terrorists can make a very convincing case that they have the true Islam. And on those grounds, Islam is a very dangerous ideology on a par with nazism.

Oh yeah, another key thing about Islam is that it is dualistic (as explained in the Dr Warner video below) reflecting the transformation of Muhammad from a peaceful preacher to a violent warlord. Hence you find both peaceful and violent verses in the Koran.

And there's no shortage of violent verses in the Koran ...

http://fjordman.blogspot.com.au/2005/09/...igion.html
Quote:Islamic texts encourage terror and fighting to a far larger degree than the original texts of other religions, concludes Tina Magaard. She has a PhD in Textual Analysis and Intercultural Communication from the Sorbonne in Paris, and has spent three years on a research project comparing the original texts of ten religions. “The texts in Islam distinguish themselves from the texts of other religions by encouraging violence and aggression against people with other religious beliefs to a larger degree. There are also straightforward calls for terror. This has long been a taboo in the research into Islam, but it is a fact that we need to deal with,” says Tina Magaard. Moreover, there are hundreds of calls in the Koran for fighting against people of other faiths. “If it is correct that many Muslims view the Koran as the literal words of God, which cannot be interpreted or rephrased, then we have a problem. It is indisputable that the texts encourage terror and violence. Consequently, it must be reasonable to ask Muslims themselves how they relate to the text, if they read it as it is” says Tina Magaard.

A Rational Study of Radical Islam, by Dr. Bill Warner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9sYgqRtZGg

Sam Harris The Problem with Islamic Fundamentalism are the Fundamentals of Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMOxjHIt0U

Islam - What the West Needs to Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xCdehrV96U

And here's a show called The Islamic Dilemma hosted by an ex-Muslim:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pojc1/videos

Congratulations, you are now an expert on Islam.
I don't know if is he Atheist but I know a good Author "Ibn Warraq".
(April 29, 2013 at 7:27 am)mralstoner Wrote: I don't know any ex-Muslim bedroom YouTubers, but here are some high profile ex-Muslims: Wafa Sultan, Hirsi Ali, Walid Shoebat, Maryam Namazie. (Not all are atheists).

I don't expect you will find many low profile ex-Muslims on YouTube simply because they risk their life when speaking about Islam as an ex-Muslim, so it tends to be all or nothing. (The penalty for leaving Islam is death).

The best way to learn about Islam is to study the life of Muhammad: he is held up to be the perfect example for all Muslims to follow. Here's a cut down guide to the Sira (biography of Muhammad):

http://www.politicalislam.com/pdf/WebSitePDF/Sira.pdf
http://www.politicalislam.com/store/a-ta...-mohammed/
Quote:In Medina, Mohammed sat all day long beside his 12-year-old wife while they watched as the heads of 800 Jews were removed by sword.2. Their heads were cut off because they had said that Mohammed was not the prophet of Allah. Muslims view these deaths as necessary because denying Mohammed’s prophet-hood was an offense against Islam, and beheading is the accepted method of punishment, sanctioned by Allah...

Apologists (dhimmis) say that this was a historic event, that all cultures have violence in their past, and that no judgment should be passed. They ignore the Islamic belief that the Sunna, Mohammed’s words and deeds in the past, is the perfect model for today and tomorrow and forever. They ignore the fact that this past event of the beheading of 800 Jewish men continues to be acceptable in the present and the future, thus the fate of Daniel Pearl (a reporter who was beheaded on camera).

2 The Life of Muhammad, A. Guillaume, Oxford University Press, 1982, pg. 464.

Wafa Sultan elaborates on Muhammad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgUtga5ISE

And that's why Sam Harris says: "Osama bin Laden... is giving a truly straightforward version of Islam, and you really have to be an acrobat to figure out how he is distorting the faith". Indeed.

If you watch a BBC documentary on Islam they don't deny the ugly facts about Muhammad, but they do some serious spinning to portray him as a persecuted man under siege from seemingly everyone everywhere that he had to kill or submit the whole of Arabia in "self defence". Uh huh.

Which version of Islam seems more believable? That's up to you. But the critical thing to know about Islam is the terrorists can make a very convincing case that they have the true Islam. And on those grounds, Islam is a very dangerous ideology on a par with nazism.

Oh yeah, another key thing about Islam is that it is dualistic (as explained in the Dr Warner video below) reflecting the transformation of Muhammad from a peaceful preacher to a violent warlord. Hence you find both peaceful and violent verses in the Koran.

And there's no shortage of violent verses in the Koran ...

http://fjordman.blogspot.com.au/2005/09/...igion.html
Quote:Islamic texts encourage terror and fighting to a far larger degree than the original texts of other religions, concludes Tina Magaard. She has a PhD in Textual Analysis and Intercultural Communication from the Sorbonne in Paris, and has spent three years on a research project comparing the original texts of ten religions. “The texts in Islam distinguish themselves from the texts of other religions by encouraging violence and aggression against people with other religious beliefs to a larger degree. There are also straightforward calls for terror. This has long been a taboo in the research into Islam, but it is a fact that we need to deal with,” says Tina Magaard. Moreover, there are hundreds of calls in the Koran for fighting against people of other faiths. “If it is correct that many Muslims view the Koran as the literal words of God, which cannot be interpreted or rephrased, then we have a problem. It is indisputable that the texts encourage terror and violence. Consequently, it must be reasonable to ask Muslims themselves how they relate to the text, if they read it as it is” says Tina Magaard.

A Rational Study of Radical Islam, by Dr. Bill Warner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9sYgqRtZGg

Sam Harris The Problem with Islamic Fundamentalism are the Fundamentals of Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMOxjHIt0U

Islam - What the West Needs to Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xCdehrV96U

And here's a show called The Islamic Dilemma hosted by an ex-Muslim:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pojc1/videos

Congratulations, you are now an expert on Islam.
Thank you for this Info, Now I know the my foe, My foe is not so much Muslim People but the values and beliefs behind them.
Although even if Islam does take over Global Warming would have seriously kicked in and wiped that us off the face of the earth as they're not going to both to fix it, so, that or nuclear war. In fact thinking about it, because Islam is a scientific Black Hole It will extinct the race. If The world becomes Islamic I am taking the last shuttle to Mars, where hopefully reason and science will reign.
I am more encouraged to fight Islam and hopeful wipe this Political Idolagy off the face of the earth.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
One can argue the Quran teaching regarding peace and war is dualistic, or someone can see it's situational. Different circumstances call for peace, different circumstances call for war. As the primary and first commands were that of peace, war can be seen as only as the option when there is no way for peace.

As not all circumstances are detailed in Quran, people have to use their own minds to determine when war is applicable or not. Bin Laden has own interpretation as do other Muslims. But to argue that Bin Laden has support from Quran is missing the greater picture which is the circumstantial nature of the peace and war verses.

Some food for thought about perspective and relativity of the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE
(April 30, 2013 at 11:06 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: One can argue the Quran teaching regarding peace and war is dualistic, or someone can see it's situational. Different circumstances call for peace, different circumstances call for war. As the primary and first commands were that of peace, war can be seen as only as the option when there is no way for peace.

As not all circumstances are detailed in Quran, people have to use their own minds to determine when war is applicable or not. Bin Laden has own interpretation as do other Muslims. But to argue that Bin Laden has support from Quran is missing the greater picture which is the circumstantial nature of the peace and war verses.

Some food for thought about perspective and relativity of the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE

As a pessamistic person, After what I just say I would rather have be wrong that Islam is a violent idealogy that seeks global domination then right and my rights and freedoms taken by as greater threat as Nazism or Comunism, and I would rather be in christian america then Islamic Europe as at the moment Christianity looks like the lesser of two evils.
Islam does look for global domination, but it seeks to do it by convincing everyone Islam is true. Yes it's a serious threat and there is a high possibility it will prosper, but strawman arguments won't convince people not to convert to it.

In fact, I would say this improves likelihood of Islam succeeding. The reason is because people now a days know there is a lot of propaganda, and seek both sides of the issue. And when they read Quran verses in context and are mindful of the peace verses as well, they will see one side either deceptively trying to distort Islam in which they might sympathize Islam or see a great misunderstanding on their part. In both cases, they will feel the need to learn from Muslims. Of course, when you learn from Muslims, instead of apostates like me, you are going to get all the nice pitch of it being true, and will have a greater chance of converting.

I am apostate, but, I hate strawman arguments. Most arguments against Islam are strawman nature or ones that try to enforce new modern morals as absolutes that defeat all past morals by most societies.

This is why I hope the book I'm writing will be a huge change and that it would seriously challenge Islam.

It's not the type that can be ignored by subjectivity.
Muslim people (the majority?) don't Mystic but unfortunately the islamic clerics DO! This is not going to change until muslims claim back their religion "of peace" until then islam is just a warmongering whore of a religion desperately trying to emulate judaism.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 30, 2013 at 11:26 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Islam does look for global domination, but it seeks to do it by convincing everyone Islam is true. Yes it's a serious threat and there is a high possibility it will prosper, but strawman arguments won't convince people not to convert to it.

In fact, I would say this improves likelihood of Islam succeeding. The reason is because people now a days know there is a lot of propaganda, and seek both sides of the issue. And when they read Quran verses in context and are mindful of the peace verses as well, they will see one side either deceptively trying to distort Islam in which they might sympathize Islam or see a great misunderstanding on their part. In both cases, they will feel the need to learn from Muslims. Of course, when you learn from Muslims, instead of apostates like me, you are going to get all the nice pitch of it being true, and will have a greater chance of converting.

I am apostate, but, I hate strawman arguments. Most arguments against Islam are strawman nature or ones that try to enforce new modern morals as absolutes that defeat all past morals by most societies.

This is why I hope the book I'm writing will be a huge change and that it would seriously challenge Islam.

It's not the type that can be ignored by subjectivity.
Which is why the best people it to learn from if Apostates like you and I encourage you to write that book. The more the real face of Islam is exposed the better it will be for Sectular Govererment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suck it, Your an Athiest. Goosebump 5 927 February 19, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5273 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awesome ex-muslim testimonies. purplepurpose 5 1371 August 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2721 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Disproving the christian (and muslim) god I_am_not_mafia 106 27104 March 15, 2018 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Athiest with children? Jesus Cristo 69 12915 October 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  My brother who used to be a devout Muslim is now agnostic Lebneni Murtad 4 1391 March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop... Mudhammam 57 12178 November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  So your an Athiest marko 307 53461 December 7, 2015 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  I have a problem with Blasthemy as an athiest coolfunkDJ 30 6103 March 14, 2015 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd