Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European settlers in America resorted to cannibalism.
European settlers in America resorted to cannibalism.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22362831

Quote:Newly discovered human bones prove the first permanent English settlers in North America turned to cannibalism over the cruel winter of 1609-10, US researchers have said.

Scientists found unusual cuts consistent with butchering for meat on human bones dumped in a rubbish pit.

The four-century-old skull and tibia of a teenage girl in James Fort, Virginia, were excavated from the dump last year.

James Fort, founded in 1607, was the earliest part of the Jamestown colony.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: European settlers in America resorted to cannibalism.
Well that's all right, at least they went for the whores first. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 2, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Well that's all right, at least they went for the whores first. Smile

What is the point of living if all the whores are dead?
Om-nom!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 2, 2013 at 2:02 pm)Chuck Wrote: What is the point of living if all the whores are dead?

Well, I thought this was obvious... but someone *really* wanted to eat her pussy. She probably turned him down before winter, and he finally gets his chance Smile

I remember back to when I was like, seven... and me, my younger sister, and the neighbor boy and girl of our age... played some rather silly make believe. It involved eating people. And slaves. I remember that my favorite delicacy was the 'pinky finger', and I totally got an erection.

Come to find out later in life: I FUCKING LOVE BEING FINGERED.
*Points at Violet* She did it!!!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
It seems that when humans get hungry enough cannibalism does become an option.

So much for all this universal morality horseshit that the theists throw around.
(May 2, 2013 at 2:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It seems that when humans get hungry enough cannibalism does become an option.

So much for all this universal morality horseshit that the theists throw around.

Well... to be fair: it is almost always an option (the cases where it is not is when there are no other members of your species around).

It's just weighed very low in most people's eyes until they become desperate for food and the only food source around is... well: each other.

(May 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm)Tonus Wrote: *Points at Violet* She did it!!!

And it's sister. She's a bad girl, isn't she?

Sleepy
You know, I thought this was going to be about the Roanoke Colony.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 2, 2013 at 2:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It seems that when humans get hungry enough cannibalism does become an option.

You know, if someone else croaked and my kid was starving, you bet your ass my kid is eating the dead guy. That's life . . . and death.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For we many in north America who missed last night's lunar eclipse Whateverist 19 1154 July 28, 2018 at 4:08 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  And this, America, is why you can't have nice things... The Valkyrie 28 5013 August 23, 2016 at 5:16 am
Last Post: Joods
  Humans in S America 22000 Years Ago? thesummerqueen 29 13124 May 13, 2013 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Most Recent European Great Ape Discovered Justtristo 9 4012 January 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist