Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drugs
Drugs
What is bad about using drugs? is the question I'm imposing.

I've never done any sort of hard drug. I've smoked marijuana. I have, however, delt hard drugs in the past. And we have all the "DON'T DO DRUGS" slogans all over the place. But my question is...what, intrinsically, is bad about drug use?

I guess this question couldn't be answered about all drugs because comparing smoking pot to smoking meth is a hell of a reach. But I don't see the issue with some drugs: primarily marijuana and acid.

So, are drugs considered bad because of addiction rates? Because of their affect on people's lives? And if that's so, then why are marijuana and some hallucinogens grouped in with the real "life-ruiners" (heroin, meth, etc.) as "the drugs that nobody should do"?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: Drugs
(May 2, 2013 at 4:50 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: What is bad about using drugs? is the question I'm imposing.

I've never done any sort of hard drug. I've smoked marijuana. I have, however, delt hard drugs in the past. And we have all the "DON'T DO DRUGS" slogans all over the place. But my question is...what, intrinsically, is bad about drug use?

I guess this question couldn't be answered about all drugs because comparing smoking pot to smoking meth is a hell of a reach. But I don't see the issue with some drugs: primarily marijuana and acid.

So, are drugs considered bad because of addiction rates? Because of their affect on people's lives? And if that's so, then why are marijuana and some hallucinogens grouped in with the real "life-ruiners" (heroin, meth, etc.) as "the drugs that nobody should do"?

I've heard stories of guys who take too much acid and just become permanently paranoid and delusional.

Not very far removed stories either, just like stories from a girlfriends uncle about one of his friends, and I've heard it elsewhere.

I have taken acid but I didn't take very much and it isn't addictive so that wasn't an issue and it was one of the best drugs I've taken in my life and I would do it again but just not do too much. I think the people who do take it too far end up going a bit mental.

I do think marijuana should be legalized, I don't smoke it and I do think it is bad for people, but only because it usually makes people tired and dopey, but it's better to have a few tired dopey people walking around then have the police force wasting money on catching people who smoke it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Drugs are bad, m'kay.

It's the drug of choice for lazy, mooching hippies, don't be that guy.
Though yeah, I'd rather walk down the street past a bunch of stoners who don't have the energy to stand up, rather than a bunch of obnoxious loud drunks.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(May 2, 2013 at 4:50 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: But my question is...what, intrinsically, is bad about drug use?

Everybody uses recreational drugs in some form or another. Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are all socially acceptable recreational drugs in most countries. I personally hate alcohol and nicotine, but I am totally addicted to coffee.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the entheogenic psychedelic drugs like LSD, DMT, mushrooms and mescaline. The psychedelics can enhance your critical thinking skills, which is why I think they're illegal. The powers that be do not want citizens to be capable of questioning and analysing the status quo; to them, we're nothing more than obedient workers and they want to keep us that way. Therefore, alcohol is perfect for their needs because it helps to dumb down the population.

I do have major problems with alcohol, heroin, crack and meth because they have the potential to cause some serious damage.
I think the reason many of these drugs are lumped together, and tobacco and alcohol are in their own, separate category, is because, at one point, in America, tobacco and alcohol were used by middle-class white people, but other drugs weren't. For instance, Marijuana was associated with Mexicans (why do you think its default name is in Spanish?] and black jazz musicians (fun fact: before J.K.Rowling got her hands on the word, "muggles" was a slang term for Marijuana, and Louis Armstrong even wrote a song with that name), opium (and heroin) were used by the Chinese, and cocaine was used by blacks and poor whites.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 2, 2013 at 5:06 pm)Love Wrote:
(May 2, 2013 at 4:50 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: But my question is...what, intrinsically, is bad about drug use?

Everybody uses recreational drugs in some form or another. Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are all socially acceptable recreational drugs in most countries. I personally hate alcohol and nicotine, but I am totally addicted to coffee.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the entheogenic psychedelic drugs like LSD, DMT, mushrooms and mescaline. The psychedelics can enhance your critical thinking skills, which is why I think they're illegal. The powers that be do not want citizens to be capable of questioning and analysing the status quo; to them, we're nothing more than obedient workers and they want to keep us that way. Therefore, alcohol is perfect for their needs because it helps to dumb down the population.

I do have major problems with alcohol, heroin, crack and meth because they have the potential to cause some serious damage.

If I was a part of the powers that be I don't think stoners or drug users in general who take mushrooms would be on the top of my things to worry about list as far as motivated threatening groups go.

Working class people who don't take drugs aren't unaware or stupid a lot of the time and know perfectly well they are obedient workers but have kids to feed and need to make money somehow.

Also it annoys me when people make claims about marijuana or other hallucinogens increasing skills in some vague way, I smoked it for nearly 10 years, a lot. Not once did I or anyone I knew ever do anything like smoke weed before an athletics event or mentally challenging event in anyway shape or form. And I never once observed any symptoms from someone who smoked weed apart from lethargy, slight giddiness and hunger.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I oppose any and all legislation which seeks to prevent people from putting stuff into their own bodies. Yes, some drugs are dangerous; some are outright deadly, and some will ruin people's lives and the lives of those around them. However, I don't believe that gives the government any kind of right to play nanny and try to protect us from ourselves.

Besides, the "war on drugs" has escalated out of control and out of budget, with the amount of drugs being used unaffected, and a lot of otherwise innocent people in jail instead of in treatment, where they should be.
You know what drug you shouldn't do? Morning glory seeds. They were trippy at first, but then for like two days after I felt shit. It so was not worth it. And my friends got sicker on the stuff, and they plan to try it again! They cray-cray.
(May 2, 2013 at 5:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I oppose any and all legislation which seeks to prevent people from putting stuff into their own bodies. Yes, some drugs are dangerous; some are outright deadly, and some will ruin people's lives and the lives of those around them. However, I don't believe that gives the government any kind of right to play nanny and try to protect us from ourselves.

Do you think more people would do, say, meth (a drug that can really ruin your life) if it were legal?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Probably there's a certain percentage who do it precisely because it is illegal.

Removing the forbidden-fruit aspect would help to some degree.

Stopping government enforcement efforts would drive the price down.

The companies which make alcohol and prescription drugs would lose a fortune just like their fellow members of the drug cartel in Medellin.

Then there are all the cops and prison guards and lawyers and judges who would be out of a job. Very big risk for the government.