Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell?
Hell?
The myth of Hell came from allegories to an area outside Jerusalem called Gehenna, which was a garbage dump that was frequently set on fire, and they threw the bodies of criminals there too. So what they were trying to say was "You'll be cast out and scorned in history and not get even a good burial if you're a dick." But the dipshits composing the bible decided it meant an actual place where people burn.

So yes, "hell," never mentioned in the original abrahamic texts, actually comes from the references to Gehenna...

...Which was a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem where criminals' bodies were tossed as well.

So...yeah, everyone, if you want to get a firsthand experience of what hell is...just go looking around for garbage dumps outside of Jerusalem. ZOMG ITS HELLz0rz ON EARTH U GUIZ!!

[Image: 325px-Ge-Hinnom.jpg]

Hm. Not very impressive, is it...?
RE: Hell?
No not really.
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
The dipshits who wrote the Bible seemed to think that Earth, light, and days existed before there was a sun or stars to make any of them. The only bigger morons are the people who think these men had any idea what they were talking about.
[Image: nyiragongo.jpg]

Perhaps they original authors made it to the Great Rift valley?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I confirm this fact (Hell myth or not myth that is the question) :

Link to Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell
If this statement was released with worldwide coverage, I could see the world's religious folks heading to their own local dumps, setting fire to it and chanting.
Follow me on my new Twitter account by clicking here. I follow back all fellow Atheists to help spread our own opinions Smile

(May 10, 2013 at 10:13 pm)DeardoG Wrote: If this statement was released with worldwide coverage, I could see the world's religious folks heading to their own local dumps, setting fire to it and chanting.

If by religious you mean Satanists... Thinking
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(May 10, 2013 at 10:24 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(May 10, 2013 at 10:13 pm)DeardoG Wrote: If this statement was released with worldwide coverage, I could see the world's religious folks heading to their own local dumps, setting fire to it and chanting.

If by religious you mean Satanists... Thinking

Haha, in my opinion, generally the same thing. Now and then you find some lovely religious folks, but you know those ones that don't have time for anything aside from their church friends.... they'll be the ones celebrating the burning of a council dump.
Follow me on my new Twitter account by clicking here. I follow back all fellow Atheists to help spread our own opinions Smile

And the godless dipshit butt-babies will all regret they didn't take it seriously. Don't forget to marinade yourselves Christian "I told you so."
Do you speak to god with that mouth?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11466 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda