Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fulfilled prophecy of Mohammed?
Fulfilled prophecy of Mohammed?
Quote:Abû Hurayrah relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There are two categories among the inhabitants of Hell whom I have not encountered. The first are people who carry whips like the tails of cows and beat the people with them. The second are women, clothed yet naked, drawn to licentiousness and enticing others to it, their heads like the swaying humps of camels – they will neither enter Paradise nor even smell its fragrance, though its fragrance can be found to a great distance.” [Sahîh Muslim (2127)]

A few years ago there was this new fashion about hijabs - the "camel hump hijab":
[Image: camel_hump_hijab_by_islamic_posters_by_b...4aahai.jpg]

There is another one as well:

Quote:Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: There will be in the last of my ummah, scantily dressed women, the hair on the top of their heads like a camel’s hump. Curse them, for verily they are cursed. [At-Tabarani and Sahih Muslim]

I think this is quite interesting... Would you say that this is a fulfilled prophecy? I have already thougt about that and of course it could also be just "self-fulfilling" (i.e. this fashion exists only only because of this "prediction"). But wouldn't it be very silly for muslims to dress like that if it's a sign for going to hell? I don't know.
What do you think about this whole stuff? Is this just everyday prophetic nonsense or is this something else? I would be grateful for any opinions!
RE: Fulfilled prophecy of Mohammed?
I cannot comment on this hadith in particular since I don't know the academic interpretation of it but there are plenty of prophecies that were given by the Prophet, many of them fulfilled and others yet to be fulfilled.
I never will understand the middle-eastern sexualization of hair. Cover your hair otherwise I might have to rape you out of hair-lust!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
? Maybe it's a camel thing? Just saying Dunno
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 12, 2013 at 8:56 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: ? Maybe it's a camel thing? Just saying Dunno

Nah! It is a goat thing! Thinking

Also, non of the prophecies from Mohammad or any other person has been fulfilled. FSM Sad
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Dragonetti Wrote:Nah! It is a goat thing! Thinking

ROFLOL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5