Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Hi!
I'm a new user of that forum, so.....first ... let me introduce mysefl: My name is Tom, but my friends call me Odi anyway (yes, of course, I know that the dog from Garfield has the same name if someone want to remind me that Cool Shades).

I am living in Poland (an extremely catholic country in Central-Eastern Europe). Living here as an atheist is not easy, but it doesn't mean that it is completely imposible (I'm the excellent example Big Grin). Although I'm going to change present environment because I feel like Don Kichote sometime when fighting with windmills, but in the other hands I don't want to simply do nothing because I consider as a man whose is too confident in my scientific basis and views. But.... this story is too long, and as one of my Russian's friend says: "The night is too short to start this topic and what is worse: we have an unsufficient number of bottles of vodka."Big Grin

I hope that I will find here some interesting people, constructive discusion based on reality and facts without "arguments" like: you will go to hell for sure, you're stupid because everyone knows that god exist ect. I encourage people of faith to discuss with me because I'am interested in reasons of beeing a believer. Even the most hopeless conversation is better than simply war.
Best wishes for everyone!
PS. I applogize for my English, it isn't my mother-tongue, all amendments are welcomed! Big Grin
RE: Hi!
Welcome to the forum. And don't worry, your English is better than a lot of people who have lived here all their lives.

If you do get "you will go to hell" then let us know as it's against the rules Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(September 11, 2009 at 4:39 am)odi21 Wrote: I'm a new user of that forum, so.....first ... let me introduce mysefl: My name is Tom, but my friends call me Odi anyway (yes, of course, I know that the dog from Garfield has the same name if someone want to remind me that Cool Shades).

That is cute lol Welcome to the forums, Odi! I think I'll call you that if you don't mind Smile

Quote:I am living in Poland (an extremely catholic country in Central-Eastern Europe). Living here as an atheist is not easy, but it doesn't mean that it is completely imposible (I'm the excellent example Big Grin). Although I'm going to change present environment because I feel like Don Kichote sometime when fighting with windmills, but in the other hands I don't want to simply do nothing because I consider as a man whose is too confident in my scientific basis and views. But.... this story is too long, and as one of my Russian's friend says: "The night is too short to start this topic and what is worse: we have an unsufficient number of bottles of vodka."Big Grin

The more vodka the merrier, my brother! Tongue Hell, bring out the burbon too!

Quote:I hope that I will find here some interesting people, constructive discusion based on reality and facts without "arguments" like: you will go to hell for sure, you're stupid because everyone knows that god exist ect. I encourage people of faith to discuss with me because I'am interested in reasons of beeing a believer. Even the most hopeless conversation is better than simply war.
Best wishes for everyone!

If interesting people and contructive discussion is what you want, this certainly is the place to be! Though we do have the occasional shove and push exchange, its all good. Smile

Quote:PS. I applogize for my English, it isn't my mother-tongue, all amendments are welcomed! Big Grin

I think your English is really good. Don't worry Smile
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Witaj Odi. Smile

I've been to your country a couple of times now and I think it is beautiful (once you leave the concrete jungles of the cities that is). Welcome to our forums, and don't worry, there is nothing wrong with your English.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome Odi Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Welcome to the forums odi. Great intro.

EvF
Welcome Odi! Bring on the Vodka! Big Grin
Hi Darwinian:
A world without religion is like a world without war - perfect words, there's nothing to add...
Hi Retorth:
Retorth Wrote:That is cute lol Welcome to the forums, Odi! I think I'll call you that if you don't mind Smile
Please, fell free to call me in that way...

Retorth Wrote:The more vodka the merrier, my brother! Tongue Hell, bring out the burbon too!
From my point of view every sort of alcohol is welcomed in discussion!
By the way....
One of my mentor - Professor Dawkins when asked why are believers happier than non-beleivers (apparently statistically but I don't believe) answered: "They are happier no more than people being under influence of alcohol in comparison to those who are not"...

leo-rcc:
leo-rcc Wrote:Witaj Odi. Smile
I've been to your country a couple of times now and I think it is beautiful (once you leave the concrete jungles of the cities that is).

Hej Leo-rcc!
Hvordan har du det?
Poland is really beautiful, I had to admit. I live near Bug river, the last unchannelled river in Europe! Imagine that: the Nature non-touched by human hand....Please let me know when you will be here next time.
Hi Kyuuketsuki!
Hi EvidenceVsFaith!
Hi frOdo!
Thank you brothers!
Welcome Odi,
I hope you find this Forum a safe haven from those who say they are not judging you as they tell you that you are going to hell for sure.

Your English is beautiful. I live in Los Angeles and bartend in a fine dining restaurant where the menu is French, the cooks are Mexican, the waiters are Greek, the waitresses are Russian, the managers are Persian, the customers are good old boy conservatives, and the bookeepers are nowhere to be found. Your English is beautiful.

THe number one rule of Bartending is that we do not discuss religion or politics because it can ruin your business.
However I love to instigate conversations,Devil
which they let me do because I have all the vodka!Worship (large)

Have fun, enjoy the ride. My favorite is watching how far people will go to hold onto their beliefs which they have confused with reality.
Omjag86

Here's my latest drink invention
"The Corpus Crista"
Tall glass filled with ice
1.5 shots of Vodka
add pineapple juice and sweet and sour mix (lemonade will work fine)
then float half a shot of Midori/half shot of Chambord
splash of Lemon-Lime soda
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Frisbeetarianism; The belief that when you die your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck...
George Carlin
ROFLOL
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay Big Grin