Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was there no video of this?
Why was there no video of this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22542222

Quote:Trouble flared at the fourth Norwich Sci-Fi and Film Convention at the University of East Anglia, organised by Norwich Star Wars Club.

Police were called after members of the rival Norwich Sci-Fi club arrived to get autographs from two Doctor Who actors at the event on Sunday.

Norfolk Police confirmed officers attended and spoke to both parties.

A spokesman said they had been called to reports of a man being assaulted at the convention.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Why was there no video of this?
Glad to see it was the Doctor Who fans who were the more mature individuals.
Would have loved to have seen a troop of storm troopers going at it with some Tom Baker Dr Whos' with the long scarves.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

A "rival sci-fi club?" You mean the Sheldon Cooper character is based on REAL LIVE PEOPLE???
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
To say credulity can't creep into anything, just like sports fans getting into fights, why should any si fi or comic book fan think differently? If I can be beaten up because of the Disco revolt because I love ABBA, then it is clear no matter what the subject matter is, this is merely a reflection of our tribal evolution.
I spent the whole summer at UEA Norwich for Summer School when I was 15 and nothing like that happened for me to see. Sad
How long until Doctor Who fans and other sci-fi fans are put down as cults?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

They already are?
Star Wars and Dr.Who fans start a brawl at sci-fi convention
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22542222

Quote:Police were called to a science fiction convention after an argument between two rival groups of fans.

Trouble flared at the fourth Norwich Sci-Fi and Film Convention at the University of East Anglia, organised by Norwich Star Wars Club.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/socie...3051668958

Quote:“I’m Who til I die and if any fucking Trekkie thinks theirs is the leading genre series then we’ve got a problem.

“But it’s those Tron bastards I really hate. Those glow in-the-dark twats had a convention in Stoke, we got in through the fire exit and were waiting for them in the canteen, I broke my fist on some home-made body armour.”

You think you've seen it all...
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Merged Fidel_Castronaut's duplicate thread into this one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Video On Why I'm Atheist xRealityx 5 1184 December 11, 2015 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Video - Why atheists care about YOUR religion Lilith_86 4 1981 January 15, 2010 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Lilith_86