Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:11 am

Poll: Legal sex, pregnancy, and optional education for 9 year olds?
This poll is closed.
Yes
9.68%
3 9.68%
No
90.32%
28 90.32%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
legal sex with 9 year olds
legal sex with 9 year olds
Should 9 year olds legally be allowed to have sex and get pregnant and skip education if they want to?

I know the opinions of a few people on the forum already, I vote no by the way.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: legal sex with 9 year olds
I vote no, mainly on the basis 9 year olds aren't old enough to give well reasoned consent IMHO.
No, definitely not in Europe, maybe elsewhere. It depends upon how fast girls mature, the culture etc. many factors.

(May 16, 2013 at 9:55 am)Napoléon Wrote: I vote no, mainly on the basis 9 year olds aren't old enough to give well reasoned consent IMHO.
I agree with you for the most part but why do you think no 9 year old in the world is old enough to give "well-reasoned consent"? Do you have objective evidence that is the case?
(May 16, 2013 at 9:57 am)ideologue08 Wrote: Do you have objective evidence that is the case?

Do you have objective evidence that it isn't?
(May 16, 2013 at 10:05 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(May 16, 2013 at 9:57 am)ideologue08 Wrote: Do you have objective evidence that is the case?

Do you have objective evidence that it isn't?
Your forum sub title certainly doesn't lie.
(May 16, 2013 at 10:13 am)ideologue08 Wrote: Your forum sub title certainly doesn't lie.

And that means what exactly?
(May 16, 2013 at 9:50 am)paulpablo Wrote: Should 9 year olds legally be allowed to have sex and get pregnant and skip education if they want to?
I voted 'No' in general principle but your question conflates the separate issues of sex & education. So...

Q. Should 9 year olds legally be allowed to have sex and get pregnant if they want to?

A. No. In fact, the overwhelming majority of 9 year olds will be prepubescent therefore incapable of having babies. On the grounds of prepubescence, I would also consider sexual activity as unethical; their bodies are just not ready yet. In terms of consent, I agree with Napoleon that people of that age will not have developed enough knowledge or matured enough, intellectually, to give informed consent.

Q. Should 9 year olds legally be allowed to skip education if they want?

A. No. A useful simplification of the parental role is 'to provide survival & survivability to their offspring'. We understand that modern education is extremely useful in achieving those aims and in a modern social context, allows us to 'optimise' the survival & survivability rates of our offspring. Further, given humanity's complexity, we provide our offspring with greater opportunity for quality of life by insisting on a minimum level of education. The European & American models for education seem to have struck the right balance by insisting that children are included in the education process until 16/18 years old.
Sum ergo sum
(May 16, 2013 at 10:16 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(May 16, 2013 at 10:13 am)ideologue08 Wrote: Your forum sub title certainly doesn't lie.

And that means what exactly?

He called you a "cunt." Wink
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I voted no on all accounts. I think the parents should nurture the young child to adulthood. The child lacks the understanding of sex and world. Their minds and bodies are not yet ready for those situations.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I love how there's no "... if the nine year old(s) in question meet the qualities of fuckability, and maternalability." Education is always optional... someone might force you to school, but you are not mandated to learn anything. Sleepy

Some people saying 'they're just not ready yet!', more saying 'they can't give <modified>-consent!'... none yet to declare... 'why'. Levitate

And then some spice of people blubbering on for objective evidence Skunk

Edit: I voted yes, because as long as abuse laws remain intact: I have no issue with this.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Have Less than One Year ZoomerTrumper 4 405 February 26, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Incest should be legal because homosexuality is Rein83 52 5729 August 6, 2019 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" plan is really expensive over a 10-year period.... Aegon 40 4593 September 22, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8049 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Not This Year, You WLB! Minimalist 13 2905 August 24, 2017 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  When is a sex scandal relevant? CapnAwesome 29 3253 February 3, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Redoubtable
  Sex worker polls Democrats and Republican clients. CapnAwesome 22 2542 September 13, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1947 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Change of position - All drugs should be legal Dystopia 60 6470 January 14, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage? TristanTeller 72 15641 July 31, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Cato