Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events of the American electoral campain which are so stupid that it hurts.
Events of the American electoral campain which are so stupid that it hurts.
Hi, I'm from Europe and I recently found the story about big bird's role in the last American electoral campain.

For those who don't know the story: Mitt Romney announced he would stop subsidizing PBS. But this channel produces the broadcast Sesame Street. The election campaign of Obama reacted with this advertising spot:

W-T-F? Big Grin

I mean, how mediocre can something be that is such an important part for forming the government the population has to live with for four years?

A comedian made a great satire out of it.

Can you please post more stories like this? I need more! Big Grin
I apologize for bad grammar and fundamental language mistakes. I'm still learning English.
RE: Events of the American electoral campain which are so stupid that it hurts.

Hahahahaha, Obama blames Romney for cancer, my favourite vid. It's shocking how awful US politics is. I couldn't stop laughing when I first saw the ad. Hilarious.
RE: Events of the American electoral campain which are so stupid that it hurts.
You have to put this in context.

The republicunts devised a whole strategy of CUTTING FEDERAL SPENDING and repeated the mantra ad nauseam but never would actually say what they were going to cut.

We knew what they wouldn't cut. Defense. Corporate Welfare. Homeland "Security" and so on but they were always a little hazy on what they would cut. Finally, Romney decided that he could balance the budget by cutting the funding for PBS - always a republicunt target anyway because they hate all news outfits not named FOX - and hence the Romney hates Big Bird caricature was born.

Big Bird teaches poor kids to read. Can't have that in a Romneyized Amerika.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That stupid criminal thread. Brian37 38 2569 January 19, 2022 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  which tattoo would Jesus have? Fake Messiah 11 538 January 9, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Stupid crap you believed as a kid/teen. Brian37 18 1253 June 12, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Are they really that stupid? no one 31 2021 July 16, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  which version of virginity is correct? Gawdzilla Sama 21 2856 March 15, 2020 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Where were you during important historical events? The Valkyrie 23 1841 September 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stupid Newspapers/ books Fake Messiah 2 261 June 16, 2018 at 9:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which do you hear (parody) RoadRunner79 4 841 May 20, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Which AF member would you want to babysit your kids? FatAndFaithless 69 7908 December 1, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Cod
  My stupid dream ... ignoramus 1 465 August 23, 2016 at 5:08 am
Last Post: purplepurpose