Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humpbacks-To The Last Whale-CSN
Humpbacks-To The Last Whale-CSN
Years ago when I was a student working at the Louisville Science Center I had the privilege of working on the Humpback whale skeleton in the Musem's possession. At that time I did a video set to the CSN song "Wind On The Water/To The Last Whale". It was done on VHS and was about as grim as a video can be. But I always wanted to make a video set to that music that let the whales literally speak for themselves in their natural environment. I found a video of humpback whales (my favorites, obviously) last night that was what I've been looking for, and set it to the song. Here it is for your enjoyment:

Note: I make no claim to the copyrights to either the song or the video.

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Humpbacks-To The Last Whale-CSN
Cool!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Thanks.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Wasn't this the plot of Star Trek IV?

Ain't evolution grand!
Indeed it was, though it didn't include me preparing 2,500 pounds of skeletal remains for months on end.

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Podcast on the Left TheBeardedDude 1 341 July 13, 2021 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Rambo: Last Blood (what were you thinking Stallone?) GrandizerII 47 2555 October 3, 2019 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Bill Maher - Last Night Minimalist 16 1672 April 9, 2018 at 11:20 am
Last Post: henryp
  Last Supper promos Fake Messiah 11 1886 March 20, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Hitchens' last speech? hilary 0 1396 July 16, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: hilary
  Bill Maher Last Night - Gay Wedding Cake Minimalist 0 1010 April 11, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Last Week Tonight Minimalist 0 842 July 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Video Last movie you watched, and your critique of it Bob Kelso 54 6395 June 22, 2014 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Logisch
  Bill Maher last night.... Minimalist 3 1635 May 18, 2014 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
Video "Walkies" is so last millennium... Cyberman 0 738 December 6, 2012 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman