Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OOOOOOPS Pope is wrong
OOOOOOPS Pope is wrong
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...34479.html

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

Now.......that means nobody but a catholic can be saved.....right................WELCOME ABOARD DRICH
[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

RE: OOOOOOPS Pope is wrong
Ah-ha!

Quote:The Vatican has quickly clarified that atheists - they believe - are still going to hell, despite Pope Francis appearing to say non-believers could be saved through Christ if they do good.

Which one of these infallible motherfuckers is fallible?
Oh :-(

This is seriously the worst news I've had my entire life.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Leave it to the Vatican to make the requirement for salvation sound like a clinical description of fucking.
Quote:Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church

The people who KNOW about the church are abandoning it in droves.
This spokesman had to quickly rectify the pope's mistake, because if non-believers can be saved, who's going to come to church on Sunday and fill their coffers?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm)Faith No More Wrote: This spokesman had to quickly rectify the pope's mistake, because if non-believers can be saved, who's going to come to church on Sunday and fill their coffers?
It depends on how the money is used though doesn't it, when I donate money to a mosque, I know exactly where it's going; to the poor and the orphans.
Or C-4.

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff...in_Ch2.pdf

Quote:Contrary to popular myth, Usama Bin Ladin does not support al Qaeda through a personal fortune or a network of businesses. Rather, al Qaeda financial facilitators raise money from witting and unwitting donors, mosques and sympathetic imams, and nongovernment organizations such as charities. The money seems to be distributed as quickly as it is raised, and we have found no evidence that there is a central “bank” or
“war chest” from which al Qaeda draws funds.
I'd be shocked you said that were it not for the fact that you are excused due to your natural attitude towards the faith and where you come from. All of the donations I ever gave were tax exempt so I don't know if you're trying to say that the government is complicit or ignorant of where it is going. There are only two categories of people the funds are directed to; the orphans and the poor. These kind of accusations are usually driven by those filled with hatred.
(May 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm)tokutter Wrote: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...34479.html

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

Now.......that means nobody but a catholic can be saved.....right................WELCOME ABOARD DRICH

The techinically the Catholic Church is the body of Christ the the bible speaks of. Meaning it is members are made known and are hand selected by Chirst at our judgement. The Capital "C" Catholic Church is not the same as the pope's Roman catholic Church. The R/c church simply adopted the name of the 'true' church[tm]
To sell itself as an organization with complete authority over God's people. (Something ironically enough Christ Himself resisted in the gospels.)
So whether bishop whomever knew how he was correct in his statement or not, he was technically right even though his brand of Christianity does not Completely repersent the whole of the Catholic Church/bride of Christ that the bible identifies.

Which is why I said in that other thread: "The same blood that saves us will indeed save the atheist, if said unbeliever will simply accept what Christ has done for him."

If you still wish to see me 'aboard' then maybe you should jump ship. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9450 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1312 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2739 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3422 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1368 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2156 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2268 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3630 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9810 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4850 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172