Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiropractic & Atheism
Chiropractic & Atheism
Can Atheism and the profession of Chiropractic coexist?
RE: Chiropractic & Atheism
Why not?
I <3 my chiropractor! I don't care if its woo, a massage that's covered by my insurance gets nothing but praise from me Big Grin I always feel slightly taller after an adjustment, very important when one is 5'2''.
I'm a believer in Chiropractic, and also an Atheist. However, the small amount of research I've done seems to point to Atheists being against it for the most part. I agree that the innate intelligence and flow of energy topics are rather questionable. But besides that, based on only the basic scientific facts of physiology, anatomy and musculoskeletal, I feel Chiropractic can help with many problems that can be treated without medicine. Although I do believe medicine has it's place as I am a lover of science and all that science does.

I want to think that Chiropractic & Atheism can coexist. It just seems that many don't agree with that. I'm curious to see if I'm the only one.

Also, I've yet to find an openly Atheist Chiropractor. That's what got me started on this question / discussion. Just curious. Thanks everyone.
Re: Chiropractic & Atheism
Does "Chiropractic" have some god-related meaning I don't know about???
(May 29, 2013 at 8:32 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Does "Chiropractic" have some god-related meaning I don't know about???

This.

I have never used a chiro, but I certainly would consider it for a condition that chiro might help. Is it woo? Perhaps, and I'm skeptical, but that wouldn't stop me from giving it a try.
Being an atheist does not necessarily include being a skeptic. I haven't myself read enough on the topic of chiropractism, though something tells me it's humbug. That doesn't stop me from asking Scruffy to pop my back every now and then Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Yes, dumb atheists do, in fact, exist.
Forget what it's called, but I had a type of japanese massage which focused on nerve endings. I was as baffeled as anyone, I felt like I was spinning in mid air, never experienced anything like it, no evidence to give you though.
(May 29, 2013 at 10:04 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: Yes, dumb atheists do, in fact, exist.

Are you implying that an Atheist who believes in Chiropractic as a form of wellness, is a dumb Atheist?..