Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shit....not great news
Shit....not great news
http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/jun...erthal-rib

Quote:r the first time, a bone tumor has been found in a Neanderthal rib bone dated to about 120,000 years ago. The rib was recovered at a site near Krapina in present-day Croatia.

The tumor, a form of cancer called fibrous dysplasia, predates previous evidence of such by more than 100,000 years. Prior to this, the earliest known bone cancers were detected in samples approximately 1,000-4,000 years old.

Quote:"This case shows that Neandertals, living in an unpolluted environment, were susceptible to the same kind of cancer as living humans."

I guess disease did not start with the fucking garden of "eden."
RE: Shit....not great news
Cancer killed all of your ancestors what old age couldn't take down by itself.

I personally took care of the badasses who cut that shit out of their creaky old bones.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEzcLTAMrRA

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 9, 2013 at 8:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Krapina
Really?!
Quote:r the first time, a bone tumor has been found in a Neanderthal rib bone dated to about 120,000 years ago. The rib was recovered at a site near Krapina in present-day Croatia.

Rib bone? Looks like god needed a few attempts before he figured out how to create Eve.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Eve is a cancer? I thought she'd have been a Libra.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy Shit!!!! Minimalist 15 1079 August 12, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I keep getting myself into shit Duke Guilmon 14 2727 August 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1380 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Most people are sheep . . . great experiment! drfuzzy 20 3500 September 3, 2016 at 11:16 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous Minimalist 10 2982 May 16, 2016 at 11:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Something light hearted to distract from depressing shit in France. Whateverist 14 2316 November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Earliest Modern Human Possibly Had Neanderthal Great-Great Grandparent Secular Elf 2 1012 June 29, 2015 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  What can other great apes really do? Alex K 20 4407 May 11, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: Alex K
  More Shit For Creatards To Swallow Minimalist 28 4510 May 11, 2015 at 3:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Great barrier Reef ok for destruction by Australian government Gooders1002 19 5059 December 19, 2013 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas