Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some semblance of sanity in Kansas (whew!)
Some semblance of sanity in Kansas (whew!)
Kansas state school board approves new science standards

Quote: The Kansas school board has approved new multistate science standards for public schools that treat evolution and climate change as key concepts to be taught from kindergarten through the 12th grade.

Not everyone is happy, of course:

Quote:During a public comment session, Rex Powell, a retired Spring Hill business and organizational consultant, said the new standards promote “an atheistic worldview.” Powell is a member of Citizens for Objective Public Education, which formed last year to contest the new standards.

“They are standards for religious indoctrination rather than objective science education,” Powell said.

Cry me a fucking river. Why is it OK for Christians to force religious indoctrination in the form of creationism?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Some semblance of sanity in Kansas (whew!)
Why do these shitheads always have organizations with names like, "Citizens for Objective Public Education?" Objective education means sticking to the facts, not teaching fairy tales... I fucking hate that!
Because they are more powerful, plain and simple
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Quote:During a public comment session, Rex Powell, a retired Spring Hill business and organizational consultant, said the new standards promote “an atheistic worldview.”

Why is it that fundies always see not pushing religion as inherently pushing atheism? Why is it that none of them can understand the difference between secularism and atheism?
(June 12, 2013 at 10:47 am)festive1 Wrote: Why do these shitheads always have organizations with names like, "Citizens for Objective Public Education?" Objective education means sticking to the facts, not teaching fairy tales... I fucking hate that!

Because they have deluded themselves into thinking they are doing "god's work."

Why fucking "god" can't handle things on his own is never explained.
It also dupes the masses who trust in the names of these organizations. If the name is good, then they must do good work... so often this is not the case. Names should not be misleading... they should be forced to have accurate names, not propaganda titles. That could be worked into the tax code for their protected tax exempt status... hmm...
Quote:One of the board's dissenters, Ken Willard, a Hutchinson Republican, criticized the standards for what he saw as their lack of objectivity on evolution and climate change, which he said are presented “dogmatically.”

I laughed my ass off at this dickhead. How does he think "religion" is presented?

[Image: 17757693.jpg]
(June 12, 2013 at 10:47 am)festive1 Wrote: Why do these shitheads always have organizations with names like, "Citizens for Objective Public Education?" Objective education means sticking to the facts, not teaching fairy tales... I fucking hate that!

It's very much like Orwell's 1984 with the Ministry of Truth, Ministry of Love, and all the various "People's Republics" around the world which were nothing more than communist dictatorships.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 12, 2013 at 11:25 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:One of the board's dissenters, Ken Willard, a Hutchinson Republican, criticized the standards for what he saw as their lack of objectivity on evolution and climate change, which he said are presented “dogmatically.”

I laughed my ass off at this dickhead. How does he think "religion" is presented?

[Image: 17757693.jpg]

Yeah, I go to Hutch once in awhile.. It's getting bigger, and with it so are its' quid pro quo fundamentalist bull.
But, considering they've come
this far since 2011, I think sanity is winning out.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]