Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACORN
ACORN
I've been accused of being a Fox News fan. I'm not. They usually are too right leaning for my tastes and they don't really lie but they stretch the truth sometimes. I did happen to catch a recent investigation on ACORN. As of yesterday Fox Cable was the only news group to do a story on this. child prostitution
This is just one video of a few that someone did on them. The video explains what they are doing. Apparently ACORN who gets federal funds to help low income people (mostly inner city Black Americans) to get HUD homes (free homes paid for by taxpayers), jobs, insurance, and other basic needs. The majority of these people who use ACORN have no desire to work. They just want a handout. A pimp and an underage illegal alien prostitute came to ACORN for information on getting help starting up their underage prostitution business. He told her he was going to bring more underage illegal prostitutes to America. They did this at three ACORN offices in different states and they all gave them tips on how to start up their business. Even after knowing it was an illegal underage prostitution ring.

You wonder why some people like myself dislike handouts so much. Well....there's your answer. Oh..and the woman working for ACORN in the video killed her husband in the 80's and you can see and hear her brag about shooting him in the head. It was also pre meditated. Crazy! Luckily they have all been fired and the Census dropped ACORN Monday. Our government has also voted to stop giving the organization any more federal funds.
RE: ACORN
Er...Acorn isn't a government handout...it's a voter registration and tax assistant group. It's basically a non-profit that wants to help people do their taxes right and get out and vote regardless of party.

It's not perfect and has some issues. I'll be interesting in seeing how this plays out. The problem with Acorn is it's a volunteer organization. As someone who works for a volunteer non-profit that has to hire people as part of my job, I can safely say you get bad apples that do really shitty stuff, and it's really hard to screen since you're not paying these people.

And as far as the last statement about that woman, evidence or it's just hearsay/rumor.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(September 16, 2009 at 11:30 pm)dry land fish Wrote: A pimp and an underage illegal alien prostitute came to ACORN for information on getting help starting up their underage prostitution business. He told her he was going to bring more underage illegal prostitutes to America. They did this at three ACORN offices in different states and they all gave them tips on how to start up their business. Even after knowing it was an illegal underage prostitution ring.

Bullshit.

Pics or it didn't happen.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?sectio...id=7016827

Pics and it did happen.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Indeed. She is accurate about what certain people did as far as helping pimps with taxes, it's been caught on video.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(September 16, 2009 at 11:30 pm)dry land fish Wrote: You wonder why some people like myself dislike handouts so much. Well....there's your answer. Oh..and the woman working for ACORN in the video killed her husband in the 80's and you can see and hear her brag about shooting him in the head. It was also pre meditated. Crazy! Luckily they have all been fired and the Census dropped ACORN Monday. Our government has also voted to stop giving the organization any more federal funds.

Um...I looked into this, because that struck me as odd, especially without any source to back up your claim. And, lo and behold, it is. The woman lied, her husband is still alive.
http://mediamatters.org/research/2009091...onblog.com

She knew they were trying to play them so she played right back.

Also, I was incorrect in my earlier statement. While the organization is non-profit and utilizes volunteers, these people were paid workers. However, it's still not a "government handout".

(September 16, 2009 at 11:47 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Er...Acorn isn't a government handout...it's a voter registration and tax assistant group. It's basically a non-profit that wants to help people do their taxes right and get out and vote regardless of party.

It's not perfect and has some issues. I'll be interesting in seeing how this plays out. The problem with Acorn is it's a volunteer organization. As someone who works for a volunteer non-profit that has to hire people as part of my job, I can safely say you get bad apples that do really shitty stuff, and it's really hard to screen since you're not paying these people.

And as far as the last statement about that woman, evidence or it's just hearsay/rumor.

Our government was giving them money to help fund their organization. They recently voted just this week to cut that money off. HUD is a federally funded program. It uses tax payers dollars to build houses for people. ACORN helps people get HUD homes and after these videos I'm sure they have helped people lie in order to get HUD.

That woman was a nut job regardless of if she killed her husband or not. It's good she didn't and I highly doubt she knew they were messing with her. If that were the case she'd just have said "I'm sorry but we can't help you". She looked like she'd been "rode hard and hung up wet" as the saying goes. Crack and Crank heads will lie and go off on tangents like you wouldn't believe. I've had crankers tell me they went to the store, drove through a neighbors yard, wrapped their car around a tree and walked home. Yet they hadn't left their house for three or four days. Did you see how she couldn't stand still, she kept scratching, waving her arms around. Yeah...that's classic tweaker body language. My husband and I both had her pegged as one after about ten seconds. The video from ABC has her head blurred. The one I posted in my OP doesn't.

The shocking thing is that it happened at three ACORN offices across the USA. I can see having one nut job working at an office but three offices were visited and all were willing to help an illegal underage prostitution ring. Something is wrong.
(September 17, 2009 at 1:22 pm)dry land fish Wrote: Our government was giving them money to help fund their organization. They recently voted just this week to cut that money off. HUD is a federally funded program. It uses tax payers dollars to build houses for people. ACORN helps people get HUD homes and after these videos I'm sure they have helped people lie in order to get HUD.

I didn't know about the tax money Acorn gets, so I don't mind being corrected on that point. It's still not a government handout. Are churches that get tax breaks government handouts?

I am in no way agreeing with what these people from Acorn did, it was wrong and I would like to see a government explanation. However the way you formed the argument greatly skewed the facts of the situation.

(September 17, 2009 at 1:22 pm)dry land fish Wrote: That woman was a nut job regardless of if she killed her husband or not. It's good she didn't and I highly doubt she knew they were messing with her. If that were the case she'd just have said "I'm sorry but we can't help you". She looked like she'd been "rode hard and hung up wet" as the saying goes. Crack and Crank heads will lie and go off on tangents like you wouldn't believe. I've had crankers tell me they went to the store, drove through a neighbors yard, wrapped their car around a tree and walked home. Yet they hadn't left their house for three or four days. Did you see how she couldn't stand still, she kept scratching, waving her arms around. Yeah...that's classic tweaker body language. My husband and I both had her pegged as one after about ten seconds. The video from ABC has her head blurred. The one I posted in my OP doesn't.

I may not agree with her decision to mess with these kids, but regardless, you didn't dig deep enough, just took the outrageous allegation as truth and repeated it without even showing the source. Her husband isn't even dead.

(September 17, 2009 at 1:22 pm)dry land fish Wrote: The shocking thing is that it happened at three ACORN offices across the USA. I can see having one nut job working at an office but three offices were visited and all were willing to help an illegal underage prostitution ring. Something is wrong.

I agree. A thorough investigation is needed.

As of last night I had not read anything about her lieing about murdering her husband. It was just two nights ago when Fox News was the only news station in the country even airing the videos. ACORN was the group who was found creating ballots for people who didn't exist in the last election and then voting for the Democratic party using those ballots.

The government should not be giving tax breaks to any churches. I completely disagree with that practice. It's not a "handout" unless the preacher is collecting the money and sitting on his butt.

I did show the source. I posted the video link on youtube. In the video the makers of the video introduced themselves and what their purpose was. I didn't skew anything. I said exactly what happened. In the past 24 hours new information has came out and they are being investigated by authorities. Only seven senators voted to keep giving funds to ACORN and those seven were Democrats who have ties to ACORN.
(September 17, 2009 at 4:14 pm)dry land fish Wrote: As of last night I had not read anything about her lieing about murdering her husband. It was just two nights ago when Fox News was the only news station in the country even airing the videos. ACORN was the group who was found creating ballots for people who didn't exist in the last election and then voting for the Democratic party using those ballots.

Whoa, you really don't have your facts straight. Acorn had false ballots because volunteers had quotas, so they did the wrong thing to meet them. Never, not once, did anyone vote with those false ballots. You CAN'T! Not with the way the process is set up to register these people and then allow them to actually go in and vote. You have absolutely no evidence the Democratic party used those ballots to vote.

Quote:"In nearly every case that has been reported, it was ACORN that discovered the bad forms and called them to the attention of election authorities, putting the forms in a package that identified them in writing as suspicious, encouraging election officials to investigate, and offering to help with prosecutions," ACORN said in an October 9 news release.
Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...index.html