Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramadan Mubarak.
Ramadan Mubarak.
Have a blessed month of Ramadan Muslims (Rayaan, Muslim Scholar, etc).

Wish you all the best. Not sure if I will be fasting this month. I fasted last year but not quite sure why I did so.
RE: Ramadan Mubarak.
Trying to lose weight?

Angel
I was actually thinking of asking you guys this: do you think it's beneficial to fast? Not for religious reasons, but other reasons.

Friend was telling me fasting helps them remember not to take everything for granted and to remember other people's suffering. That's rather different from the Christian fasting, where they expect to get something in the end.

So what do you think? Is there value in fasting?
[Image: 2413808291_25bcd2012a_o.jpg]

No.
[Image: 39549677.jpg]

Probably not even then, if you consider beer as a food substitute, lol Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(July 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I fasted last year but not quite sure why I did so.

It's hard to give up traditions?
[Image: LtiKB3y.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I fasted once, when I was 14 or 15. Just because a few of my friends were Muslims, and the whole group of us did it, because teenage girls do shit like that to support their friends. It was during winter back then, so it wasn't so bad. I can't imagine what torture it will be this year.
(July 9, 2013 at 1:21 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I fasted last year but not quite sure why I did so.

It's hard to give up traditions?

have a friend who still fasts even though he doesn't think allah exists. never asked why.

and as for my earlier question, maybe should've clarified that i meant voluntary fasting, not starvation, not like ritualistic or whatever. i do think making others fast is an awful thing. i think some new age people do it for detox, although i don't buy that. i don't think it'd do anything for me, "spiritually" or pseudoscientifically, so i was just curious if anyone thinks it might do something for them.
I personally think that a two day "fast" (aka a rest from solid food) causes no harm. I have heard that while on this "fast" you are drinking lots of water, vegetable and fruit juices 5-10 times a day.

Nutritionally /= to fasting (aka No food) Sort of something like ramadan
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5