Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox Addons/Modifications
Firefox Addons/Modifications
I'm a firefox user and I'm sure some of you are as well. Smile

Anyway, I started downloading add-ons and doing some light customization on my browser and was wondering what kind of add-ons, if any, have you folks downloaded? Any good recommendations too?

I currently use the following:

- NoScript
- FoxyProxy
- DownloadHelper
- WebMail Notifier
- Adblock Plus

I gotta say NoScript and Adblock Plus are awesome when it comes to safe/ad-free browsing. My two favourite security add-ons. Big Grin

DownloadHelper I got about 15minutes ago and its really awesome for downloading youtube videos and stuff at a mere push of a button. The quality in the .flv videos really sucks though but I don't really mind for the time being
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
RE: Firefox Addons/Modifications
I try to keep my customizations to a minimum. I only have the Skype extention and a German dictionary installed.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Cool. How about the browser theme? Smile
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
I use Firefox at work. I used to work it home but it broke on me, I think the add-ons did it. I can't even get it to uninstall Dodgy Now I use Chrome at home.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Ah...is chrome very smooth as well? Smile
It's just as good as Firefox, though I think there are a couple of features I kind of like. Such as opening a new tab creates a blank page with screenshots of like 8 websites you often visit. It's a silly feature, but it amuses me. The tabs for browsing are way at the top, which took some getting use to. I like the way it saves favorites a little more than the way firefox does. Other than that it's the same for me, and isn't completely broken like my firefox is. Honestly I think the add-ons killed it. Someone installed the AVG toolbar on my firefox browser without my permission and it was never the same since.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Ah I have that AVG toolbar on my IE browser. Can't really stand it. Can't remove it either x.x
I try to keep it to a minimum too.. adblock and english uk dictionary here.

FF has never died on me. Chrome has locked up a couple of times. I too like the bookmarks page.
I'm having difficulties with Firefox. Most pages with those annoying adds at the top or sides, ebay, facebook, myspace......lock up until the add has completely loaded. This is something that just started with the last update. I hate updates. I'm still running Tiger and CS2. I see no reason to update either one.
binnyCoffee
(September 25, 2009 at 6:42 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I try to keep it to a minimum too.. adblock and english uk dictionary here.

FF has never died on me. Chrome has locked up a couple of times. I too like the bookmarks page.

Adblock is fantastic isn't it Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COMPUTING: Firefox Vs Chrome Kyuuketsuki 17 5710 July 12, 2009 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Rob