Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Who
Doctor Who
I was going to post in the other thread, which took forever to find, but it mentioned this:

The last post in this thread was made over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread.

Considering how members here seem to abhor necromancing old threads, I decided to take the chance in creating a new one. If a mod feels this should go in the original thread, by all means have at it. Cool Shades

Now, to the point of the post.

Quote:‘Doctor Who’ Season 8 Matt Smith Recasting: Read the 12th Doctor’s Audition Scripts!

We’re likely to hear an official announcement of Matt Smith’s ‘Doctor Who’ replacement in the next month or so, given the production schedule to feature the new actor in time for the 2013 Christmas special, but in the meantime read the audition scripts below, and tell us in the comments what you want to see the new Doctor bring to the role!

http://screencrush.com/doctor-who-matt-s...nt-script/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Doctor Who
Is it just me or does the Doctor's personality in the audition scripts seem a little too much like the Matt Smith version? The point of a new Doctor is he has a new personality.
Interesting... Speaking of Doctor Who, is anyone else from here going to the 50th Celebration in London in November? I'm going on the Friday. Big Grin
(July 27, 2013 at 11:17 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Interesting... Speaking of Doctor Who, is anyone else from here going to the 50th Celebration in London in November? I'm going on the Friday. Big Grin

I've got a tardis, it's quite small and I haven't managed to get inside it yet but if I do, some time in the next fifty years, I'll see you in November.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
The Twelfth Doctor:

[Image: peter%20c.jpg]

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/galleries/...-promo-pic
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
So fucking excited!!!!
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Re: Doctor Who
I'm looking forward to seeing him in the role. I just hope he doesn't remain, in my mind, the man who killed his wife and kids, and then himself in Torchwood.
(August 4, 2013 at 4:31 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing him in the role. I just hope he doesn't remain, in my mind, the man who killed his wife and kids, and then himself in Torchwood.
He also played Caecilius in "Fires of Pompei". I think most people know him as Malcolm Tucker from The Thick of It though.
Frankly, I'm happy we get an older Doctor this time around. Not to slight the younger regenerations any, they're all cool, but it'd be nice to see a different kind of shenanigans out of the Doctor... and I hope to god they'll write him a little older to match.

That and a new dynamic with Clara. Seems like there'd be a lowered chance of romantic tension with Capaldi in the lead. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
My grand daughter who has just turned three and as cute as it is humanly possible to be, was going around today saying that the Daleks were going to get her but that the Doctor was going to rescue her.

My mission now is to introduce her to Star Wars.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The next Doctor Who is going to be...... Foxaèr 58 12983 July 21, 2017 at 2:57 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Regarding "must see" episodes of classic Doctor Who Foxaèr 9 1912 May 11, 2017 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  For you Doctor Who fans: Foxaèr 4 905 November 28, 2016 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Doctor Who season eight Foxaèr 94 11783 December 30, 2014 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Doctor Who My imaginary friend is GOD 137 26328 June 25, 2013 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Cyberman