Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden God theory
Hidden God theory
My firend quoted "Sufferings exist to make the happiness prominent. The contrast of opposite makes things visible. Since God has no opposite, he is hidden." It does'nt however, prove the existance of god, but rather gives a pont to ponder upon. What are your comments on it
P.S This is my first ever thread, I am new Smile
RE: Hidden God theory
Isn't the devil supposed to be God's opposite?
(July 26, 2013 at 6:25 am)ziyadalvi Wrote: My firend quoted "Sufferings exist to make the happiness prominent. The contrast of opposite makes things visible. Since God has no opposite, he is hidden." It does'nt however, prove the existance of god, but rather gives a pont to ponder upon. What are your comments on it

Sick, that should make rape legal then, because the rapist could claim, I rape you so that you can know the difference between consent and force.
(July 26, 2013 at 6:25 am)ziyadalvi Wrote: My firend quoted "Sufferings exist to make the happiness prominent. The contrast of opposite makes things visible. Since God has no opposite, he is hidden." It does'nt however, prove the existance of god, but rather gives a pont to ponder upon. What are your comments on it

Firstly...Hi!

Tell your friend the opposite of God is truth. Since truth can be evidenced empirically, it follows god is no longer hidden, but indeed exposed to be...nothing.

See? It isn't just religious types who can spout gibberish, anyone can!

Hell is made of suffering, so happiness there would be most prominent.
Heaven has no suffering, so happiness there is invisible. I guess I just found out which one I'd prefer.

A dog has no opposite. So a dog is invisible/hidden. Yeah, it doesn't work like that.
Sounds to me like a simple cop-out to explain why God can never be found.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 26, 2013 at 8:34 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Sounds to me like a simple cop-out to explain why God can never be found.

God is what the inventor, buyer, seller and credulous person wants it to be.
What's the difference between a hidden god and a nonexistent one? Nothing.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: What's the difference between a hidden god and a nonexistent one? Nothing.

"God" is the refusal of humans to understand their own narcissism because they don't always have control but want it.

"God" is the opposite of cooperation and consent. "Kind" to the believer is predicated that you the outsider submit.
(July 26, 2013 at 6:25 am)ziyadalvi Wrote: My firend quoted "Sufferings exist to make the happiness prominent.

Then how does your friend explain heaven?

It seems this alleged god is quite capable of creating prominent happiness without suffering.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid theory between freewill and determinism Won2blv 18 4237 July 26, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Attention Schema Theory Won2blv 0 468 February 18, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  Stories/movies/books hidden meanings. paulpablo 0 531 May 28, 2016 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  What is the best theory for what intelligence is? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 30 5639 December 7, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Chaos theory MagetheEntertainer 25 3859 July 15, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: FreeTony
  Mandelbrot Fractal and Watchmaker theory as proof for gods existence? Mystical 13 4630 April 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God as the hidden basis to our knowledge. Mystic 26 11240 May 31, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Justification Theory: Preliminary Questions Nimzo 4 2286 May 8, 2011 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Nimzo
  Theory of MI Sarcasm 0 1061 April 8, 2011 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Sarcasm
  Your theory of justification? theVOID 33 9228 March 11, 2011 at 6:03 am
Last Post: fr0d0