Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kissing in public
Kissing in public
[youtube]PtdH5hMz0SU[/youtube]

Even though I'm straight, this get's me mad, especially the woman at 3:17 until 3:28, she's definitely christian. What does christians have against homosexuals?
RE: Kissing in public
I think the two couples look really happy together and I'm genuinely happy for them. That christian woman really needs to mind her own business. Ironically, instead of being a "loving and caring" christian as they always claim to be, she's just plain critical and condemning.

Though I do think being so open in public isn't the wisest move to make, but if they are truly in love, I see no wrong with a little kissing.

UpNorth Wrote:What does christians have against homosexuals?

Well, the christian standard of ethics does not condone homosexuality. In fact, it is regarded as a sin.

Examples:

The apostle Paul declares that homosexuality "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9; 10)

God considered homosexuality lust as he says : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22)"

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
John Stossel is a great guy. He did that famous story about the atheist schoolgirl who was expelled for absolutely no reason other than being an atheist.
Adrian,

Chritstians are just following the example of God. After all, he laid waste to Sodom mostly because of homosexuality so Christians are actually being much more polite than god. They would have to rain fire and brimstone down if they REALLY wanted to follow the example of God. They would also have to include people who looked back while they were leaving the scene. Poor Lot's wife...

My brother is a gay Christian and the homosexual interpretation of that bit of scripture is that the homosexuals were not faithful to one another so promiscuity was the REAL target not homosexuality. Sheesh, the mind can do gymnastics when justification is on the line.

Rhizo
I disagree that the Bible can be proved to condemn homosexuality.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/267
(September 25, 2009 at 2:18 pm)Retorth Wrote: I think the two couples look really happy together and I'm genuinely happy for them. That christian woman really needs to mind her own business. Ironically, instead of being a "loving and caring" christian as they always claim to be, she's just plain critical and condemning.

I agree with you. I would even say that christians are snobish rude and saying that they are right all the time.

(September 25, 2009 at 2:18 pm)Retorth Wrote: Though I do think being so open in public isn't the wisest move to make, but if they are truly in love, I see no wrong with a little kissing.

true true. I think pda's are cute, but when it get's out of hand it needs to stop.

Amp
I do not understand how one being 'straight' would make any difference in their ability to perceive injustice... nor do I understand how it would effect their emotional reflection of that injustice...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 25, 2009 at 6:22 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I disagree that the Bible can be proved to condemn homosexuality.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/267

Of course you do. You're a christian after all.

I've read the page and its avoided a lot of verses to try and make the bible sound less outrageous about homosexuality. They quote passages such as the following:

1 Chorinthians 6:9-10 Wrote:Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1 Wrote:1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,

Romans 1:26-29 Wrote:26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,

In 1 Corinthians 6, describe to me what "homosexual offenders" in fact are.

In Romans 1:26-29, god refers to homosexuality as perverting, or the bible claims it. Either way, homosexuality is referred to as perversion.

Oh and the article forgot a few verses:

Leviticus 20:13 Wrote:If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them

Leviticus 18-22 Wrote:God considered homosexuality lust as he says : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

1 Timothy 1:8-10 Wrote:We know that the law is good, provided that one uses it as law, with the understanding that law is meant not for a righteous person but for the lawless and the unruly, the godless and the sinful, the unholy and profane, those who kill their fathers or mothers, murders, the unchaste, homosexuals, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is opposed to sound teaching,
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 25, 2009 at 2:50 pm)Tiberius Wrote: John Stossel is a great guy. He did that famous story about the atheist schoolgirl who was expelled for absolutely no reason other than being an atheist.

What? I'm speechless ...how is that even possible?
You seem to have missed the point of what was said in the link Retorth. In serious discussion I've never seen anyone able to decide either way. Plus Those extra links you provided say exactly the same as the others. The links they provided were the most contentious ones.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public Service Announcement: How not to get your ass kicked by police. Jackalope 11 2103 November 27, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jerry Springer: I owe you a HUGE public apology! Aractus 10 1889 May 16, 2014 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Aractus
Wink Kissing Hank's Ass leo-rcc 4 1409 October 28, 2009 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Craveman